Fire at the James Robertson

doormanpoet

An old womans cat litter caught on fire in the hallway, and it went up in flames. No one was hurt but its just another indication that its time to close the place. Some people at the hotel are hoping it is razed soon so the new owners can add on to the building. The hotel could add a 20-40 story tower perfectly at that spot. From what an elevator repairman tells me, parts of the building are still full of rats, trash and the building is unsafe and falling apart in some places. They are also eyeing the old Mcquiddy building to be razed so the hotel can have it's own parking garage.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously hope that they can fix up the James Robertson before considering the ole tear down option. Nashville needs diverse architectural offerings to show that sort of diversity in our city. There are plenty of places with surface parking lots that can house somemore 40 storiers (or hopefully 60?).

• 9 months later...

Any news on the future of the James Robertson Hotel? I'm well aware than many in this forum don't think it's worth saving, but it could be a real asset to downtown Nashville if it were renovated. I hope it hasn't slipped away.

Archived