roll call

MJLO

My real name is Patrick and I was born in Albuquerque. I have always had family...more and more as the years pass...in the PHX area. My mother and sister and several neices live in Fountain Hills now. I have never been to Fountain Hills, though. Last I was there they lived in Scottsdale. Anyway, I spent about thirty percent of my time in the PHX area while growing up. I now live in Oregon, though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My real name is Patrick and I was born in Albuquerque. I have always had family...more and more as the years pass...in the PHX area. My mother and sister and several neices live in Fountain Hills now. I have never been to Fountain Hills, though. Last I was there they lived in Scottsdale. Anyway, I spent about thirty percent of my time in the PHX area while growing up. I now live in Oregon, though.

Hi Patrick. Glad to have you with us.

Fountain Hills is actually one of my favorite areas of Phoenix. Not because of the place itself, but it's surrounded by some gorgeous open desert, close to Saguaro Lake and the Salt River, and is also close to the Verde River.

However, it is nice to watch the fountain go off, which I believe is once an hour. It's certainly worth a trip if you get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Eric and I am orginally from Connecticut. Have been in Arizona almost 5 years now. Originally moved here because of school. I have lived mainly in the Tempe area, however have traveled all over the Valley and state.

I am not new to UP but new to the Arizona board. I mainly post in the Greater Hartford board.

I will enjoy participating on this board now that Arizona has its own section.

lol, I suggest looking at a census Mith :)

Eric! dude, why have you not graced us with your presence earlier?Friendly faces are needed and welcome. Me and Colin have a great time talking to each other all the time but new company is always appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, my name's Valentin, I'm 25...born in Bucharest Romania, moved to San Diego in 1988 and to Phoenix in 1992.

I own an advertising magazine in NW Phoenix...nothing that has to do with urban living but I've always had a fascination with skyscrapers and city life.

Hey fellow Arizonans. Stumbled onto this site from a link from skyscraperpage.com. So decided to register, why not. Seems like a good group of people.

My name is Ryan. I grew up in Scottsdale, Arizona (graduated high school from there). Got a BA in Economics from Princeton and an mba from Stanford. Currently live/work in New York but I come back to Scottsdale every year where my sister and cousin live.

AS much as I loved the Bay Area and like New York...I still love Scottsdale the most (hometown). Though not a city planner or anything, try to keep up with Phoenix metro news.

Welcome Ryan.

It's certainly good to see a native Arizonan on the board (not that I'm one, but we have so few), and especially someone who can defend against the attacks on Scottsdale.

Excellent group indeed. Sometimes fair to call it the Urbane Planet.

I direct you to the Scottsdale thread. You can see my rants there. I wouldn't consider myself so much biased with Scottsdale so much as baffled by it. I'm sure we could get a good discussion going, I'd just not like to go off topic in this thread if I could.

Hello to all. I posted on the "Introduce Yourself" forum where I was led to this site. I'm a new member and plan on spending some time here so I'll introduce myself here as well. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA. I feel I'm a bit older than the rest of you (47) but I'm so far impressed with the insights and thoughts of the people who visit the various forums. I'm a project engineer in the construction field (commercial/industrial). I work on large projects for a national company so I've lived all over the U.S. Places I've lived for at least a year in order: Pittsburgh PA, Philadelphia PA, Lancaster PA, Providence RI, San Jose CA, Boise ID, Manassas VA, Dublin Ireland, Rockville Md, Chandler AZ, Pittsburgh PA (missed home), Chandler AZ (missed 2nd home and my kids who refused to leave AZ). Places Ive worked for shorter periods to numerous to mention. I'm currently committed on projects in Phoenix thru 2010 so hopefully I'll be staying put for awhile <_<

Let me be the first to welcome you in the AZ forum. I would love to hear your insights into the various projects going on around the valley, as I am mainly full of hot air. However my friend if you just want to interject an off topic feel free to do that too. Conversation is always welcome.

If you don't mind me asking what is your name sir? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Let me be the first to welcome you in the AZ forum. I would love to hear your insights into the various projects going on around the valley, as I am mainly full of hot air. However my friend if you just want to interject an off topic feel free to do that too. Conversation is always welcome.

If you don't mind me asking what is your name sir? :)

Thanks MJLO. My name is Mark and like I said I'm back in AZ after being away for 4 years. It's hard to believe how things have changed. I didn't think they could possibly develop anymore here in the East Valley. Boy was I wrong. There's not an open space left. Well look forward to shootin the breeze with you down the road...

• 4 months later...

Hi,

My name is Christine and I one lived in Scottsdale, Arizona (my childhood.) I moved to San Francisco and finished high school there where I went to Stanford. I've interned at large investment banks in New York and banks in Charlotte and Atlanta but also marketing at LV and Burberry in London. I love retail. I currently live in LA.

Welcome!

And I'm glad that we're one of the few boards to actually have a female presence now. It's one of the oddities of UP that very few women post regularly.

Would you consider moving back to Scottsdale with all the changes going on? Do you see the changes as positive, negative or both?

I've been to LA many times, but really dislike it and would never consider living there. But I've heard a lot of people say that Phoenix is like a white trash LA. Is that a fair assessment?

Well my folks used to live in the OC, and my take on it, is that LA is not so hot itself. It is fair to say that those who can't afford to make it in California, come here and try to recreate it to some degree.

Christine it's great to have you on here, I'm with Colin. A little break from the sausage is a welcome addition and perspective.

Archived