Tempe development

loftguy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows?? We don't need no stinkin' windows!!

Yeah, I forgot about las ventanas. That would help in a high-rise.

Man, this Constellation Group sounds awesome. "Anti-Mall." I just like the sound of that. Anything that can erase the horror that the surburban mall concept has inflicted on this country is a step in the right direction, and a developer with the cojones to actually go against it has a vote in my book as some cool mfs.

So, what would you guys like to see done with the mill site? I think that we're in agreement that razing it is absolutely out of the question. String the silos with Christmas lights and throw a cable span bridge over the lake (Tucson reference)??

Can someone please explain this whole height fear that the Tempe leadership seems to be having? I know the one arguement is that perhaps to many rich people? might move into downtown, and make it too exclusive. Me personally, I think tempe is charming of course, but having upscale shopping and entertainment would only enhance it, not hurt it. Break it down for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A few Hayden Ferry Updates they are a few weeks old now as i've just gotten around to posting them, but I should have more construction updates very soon.

Thanks guys :)

254546612_ec128e4430.jpg

254546610_56309e9807.jpg

254551298_7197572687.jpg

Since I haven't been down there in a bit, can anyone tell me where Centerpoint condos stand? like are they a floor or so above ground yet?

you're right about Phoenix's skyline. That future rendering you're talking about has some fantasy, and some cast aside projects as well. There are currently only three high rises going up in Phoenix right now. A handful proposed.

Speaking of Tempe read an article, about the Tempe Arts Center. It seems like it's been taking forever but apparently they can't find enough construction workers to fill voids. So that's why it looks half done always

• 2 weeks later...

Story in the EVT, buildings called the Arches are being demolished in the next few weeks. To make room for a developement called University Square. It sounds mixed use. The Article is about the history the building has catering to ASU students. It's on University right across from ASU. I don't know much about these buildings, but I don't remember if anyone has talking about The University Square project. Does anyone have info on it? Will there be high or midrises in it?

Probably just another overpriced condo and chain store structure for Mill. I'd be surprised if the structure itself were above 7 stories, but it's funny that people get attached to little 30-year-old shop buildings as if they were going to destroy a turn-of-the-century home.

Another demolition story about Tempe today. This time it's an old co-op building being torn down for a 21 story mid rise at University and Ash. It's got a little retail at the ground floor. I need to get to tempe and do developement updates there. I don't know the nature of the developement I reported on yesterday, but this is definately more urban in nature.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Downtown Tempe story. I love this one because it gives a rundown of some of tower projects going up, or proposed downtown. Tempe is going thru an Explosion of growth and it's all infill which is even more amazing. I still moan that it's frustrating that these things arent happening ten miles west in downtown Phoenix. We really need a concentrated urban core, not one scattered between a few different cities. I wouldn't be suprised to see Mesa and Glendale get in on this action, and then we might as well get rid of Phoenix all together, turn it into the rest of the valley so that people can see us for who we are, an Identity-less blob of suburbs, supporting over 4million people.

I digress, here's a rundown on projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a very popular "hip and trendy" men and women European store. Its very cheap and sells designer clothing for almost nothing at all. Its huge because a lotta famous designers have collections through H&M, so you get the design and a decent quality for very cheap. When H&M open in SF and LA last year, it was a huge ordeal.

• 4 weeks later...

wow, and they just keep going up!

High Rise Condo/ Hotel to go up on site of old bar

384716394_36c0992d79.jpg

Paragon, a Las Vegas-based developer, unveiled plans this week for a project that would become the fifth in downtown Tempe with buildings of 18 or more stories.

The hotel would feature a spa and fit- ness center on its second floor, allowing those in the facility to overlook Mill Avenue

lol,

yes, it's that whole Market concept. I'm ok with Tempe growing. I agree about the fitness thing. Save, that I don't mind watching surgically augmented "Scottsdale mom" bouncing up and down on a treadmill. But I really don't want to see business man in his 50's sweating away with his giagantic blue tshirt soaked in sweat.

Well to be honest, I'd think it'd be more of a passing glance. I don't really think many people would pay much attention to what was going on inside, and looking out over the moving city would be more interesting for me as I was lifting or running. I tend to get bored when I work out.

but lets bring this back on track with Tempe :)

Well to be honest, I'd think it'd be more of a passing glance. I don't really think many people would pay much attention to what was going on inside, and looking out over the moving city would be more interesting for me as I was lifting or running. I tend to get bored when I work out.

but lets bring this back on track with Tempe :)

Archived