Louisiana movie production

dimebag1980

There's a movie production thread in the New Orleans subforum and one in the Shreveport-Bossier subforum, but there's not one for the entire state of Louisiana. But after reading an article this morning about another new movie set to be filmed in Baton Rouge, I figured this would be a great place for us to post about movies being made anywhere in the state, including Shreveport, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans.

Here's my first contribution to this thread...

A new movie, titled Death Toll, is being filmed in Baton Rouge and stars like Lou Diamond Phillips and DMX will be in it.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/3052971.html

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just updated late today, Antonio Banderas and Annette Bening will shoot a movie in Shreveport, beginning in October, called "Homeland Security." According to the following source, this is based on a book and has nothing to do with the US Government's Homeland Security Agency.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/60620015

I'm going to post this in the SBC film production thread, but I figured I'd post it here first...

A trailer has been released on Yahoo! Movies for the new movie, The Guardian, which filmed in Shreveport a few months back. It's hard to believe these amazing water scenes were filmed in a relatively small (250,000 gallons) water tank. The movie opens in September, and you can guarantee I'll be there to see it.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/theguardian.html

You are right, that's hard to believe the water scenes in that size tank ! I am really impressed with the amount of movies shot in our state .

I see that water tank every day when I go to work in the mornings. It's off the 3132 freeway to the south and I can see it when I'm headed east. But in the evenings when I'm headed west I can't see it because I'm on the north side of it. It's being kept on 18 acres of land in the Slack Industrial Park in southeast Shreveport.

And I'm also impressed... as well as very proud... of the amount of movies being made in the state. And now it's not only New Orleans, but most of the state as well.

Posted by fridayinla in the Shreveport-Bossier City forum:

A Christmas movie title "A Year Without a Santa Claus" starring John Goodman, Chris Kattan and Ethan Suplee is being filmed in downtown Natchitoches and Shreveport. Looks like it's a made for tv movie to be aired on NBC this holiday season:

Natchitoches to see early Christmas with film shoot

A trailer has been released for the Lifetime movie Not Like Everyone Else. You can click the following link, and then follow their link. Eventually it'll take you there. It's kind of messed up the way they do it...

http://www.lifetimetv.com/videolounge/

The high school in the movie, I immediately recognized as Southwood High School. A couple of my coworkers and my cousin attended that school.

--------------------

On a related note, the movie Roadhouse II was filmed here late last year, and apparently a Shreveport rapper, Dolla Tha Raven, who was supposed to be cast as an extra in the movie wound up playing an even larger role... his music made it onto the soundtrack and his name will be on the front of the DVD case. Pretty cool distinction.

On a related note, the movie Roadhouse II was filmed here late last year, and apparently a Shreveport rapper, Dolla Tha Raven, who was supposed to be cast as an extra in the movie wound up playing an even larger role... his music made it onto the soundtrack and his name will be on the front of the DVD case. Pretty cool distinction.

I know this is bring the thread off-topic, but Shreveport has a rap scene!? :lol: Louisiana actually has one of the biggest rap scenes in the country, but the majority of the rappers are from New Orleans, both in the mainstream and underground rap scenes. Baton Rouge has a nice handfull of rappers too. But I've never heard of anyone coming out of Shreveport, I'll have to look into "Dolla Tha Raven." :D

I know this is bring the thread off-topic, but Shreveport has a rap scene!? :lol: Louisiana actually has one of the biggest rap scenes in the country, but the majority of the rappers are from New Orleans, both in the mainstream and underground rap scenes. Baton Rouge has a nice handfull of rappers too. But I've never heard of anyone coming out of Shreveport, I'll have to look into "Dolla Tha Raven." :D

Actually Shreveport has a big rap scene, and there are tons of small recording studios in the ghettos here. I'm not into rap, though, but I see their fliers posted all over the place when one of the local rap groups is having a CD release party or a DVD shoot. None of them have yet to make it big, though.

Actually Shreveport has a big rap scene, and there are tons of small recording studios in the ghettos here. I'm not into rap, though, but I see their fliers posted all over the place when one of the local rap groups is having a CD release party or a DVD shoot. None of them have yet to make it big, though.

That's pretty cool, I'll have to look into the Shreveport rappers. I'm a big rap fan, especially New Orleans and New York City rap, that's the stuff I like.

That's pretty cool, I'll have to look into the Shreveport rappers. I'm a big rap fan, especially New Orleans and New York City rap, that's the stuff I like.

I've never really liked rap, but if that's what you like, there's a lot of it out there.

As a matter of fact, the old Expo Hall, which is now the movie production soundstage for this area, was the scene of a deadly shooting a couple years ago at a local rap group's CD release party. They don't play, homie. It was sad, though... an innocent girl was shot and killed.

As a matter of fact, the old Expo Hall, which is now the movie production soundstage for this area, was the scene of a deadly shooting a couple years ago at a local rap group's CD release party. They don't play, homie. It was sad, though... an innocent girl was shot and killed.

Actually now that I think about it, I think I remember hearing about that. They obviously were serious about what was going on. The last incident sort of like that in New Orleans was two years ago when rapper "Soulja Slim" who had actually made it big as part of the Cash Money crew, was shot and killed in front of his mothers home in the 13th Ward, which is where quite a few of New Orleans' rappers are from.

Actually now that I think about it, I think I remember hearing about that. They obviously were serious about what was going on. The last incident sort of like that in New Orleans was two years ago when rapper "Soulja Slim" who had actually made it big as part of the Cash Money crew, was shot and killed in front of his mothers home in the 13th Ward, which is where quite a few of New Orleans' rappers are from.

Soulja Slim...

Interesting name.

;)

But I won't speak ill of the dead. It's a shame so many young men have to die violently.

Soulja Slim...

Interesting name.

;)

But I won't speak ill of the dead. It's a shame so many young men have to die violently.

This is where he, as well as rappers such as Juvenile, Baby, and Turk grew up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnolia_Projects

It is one of the most notoriously dangerous housing districts in the United States and ranks even globally. This section of New Orleans has a local crime rate higher than many full municipalities in the US and is a significant influence in New Orleans extremely high murder rate.

^Just reading that little quote I put in there makes you go "whoa."

No doubt. And yet such a peaceful name... "Magnolia." :lol:

That's what always got me about the neighborhood I grew up in... it was called "Meadowview/Swan Lake" but there was no meadow and there was no lake. Rather there were drive-by shootings and drugs everywhere. Same goes for Shreveport's "Cedar Grove"... sounds peaceful, doesn't it!? At one time, it was. :lol:

No doubt. And yet such a peaceful name... "Magnolia." :lol:

That's what always got me about the neighborhood I grew up in... it was called "Meadowview/Swan Lake" but there was no meadow and there was no lake. Rather there were drive-by shootings and drugs everywhere. Same goes for Shreveport's "Cedar Grove"... sounds peaceful, doesn't it!? At one time, it was. :lol:

^That's how it always seems to be. But then the neighborhood named "Murder and Drugs" is a high class peacefull neighborhood.

I wonder if it's by coincidence that the Magnolia Projects, as well as many other notorious New Orleans' projects are located in the 13th Ward.

^That's how it always seems to be. But then the neighborhood named "Murder and Drugs" is a high class peacefull neighborhood.

I wonder if it's by coincidence that the Magnolia Projects, as well as many other notorious New Orleans' projects are located in the 13th Ward.

I hadn't even considered that. Very strange. And since I'm the paranormal freak, it's right up my alley...

Delightful.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived