dimebag1980

• 1 month later...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a little something else for Shreveport-Bossier to brag about in February (we take what we can get in upstate Louisiana!) While there has been an obvious slowdown in production in Shreveport-Bossier so far this year due to the national economy and competition form other states on incentives, MovieMaker Magazine is keeping Shreveport high on their list for 2009. In 2007 Shreveport ranked in sixth place, and last year we ranked in third place. This year we have dropped only one spot to fourth place, putting us directly behind three very large cities, including two of the nation's three largest cities.

MovieMaker

What an impressive list for sure! Shreveport is representing!!!

Maybe now all those movies shot in Shreveport can stay in the state completely?? I'm stoked about the Celtic Media Centre campus in BR still growing; touted as Louisiana's first and only full service studio/sound stage complex built from the ground up....everything can stay in state instead of going back to Hollywood. Hopefully Louisiana can maintain it's #3 ranking in movies behind only California & New York!

http://www.thecelticmediacentre.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess if Louisiana a.k.a. "Hollywood South" wants to remain 3rd in U.S. this is necessary?? Other states have taken note; adding to the competition....Are these tax credits just too generous now??

La. film tax credits debated; Some want to up production credit to compete with other states

Louisiana

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the kind welcome! Guess I've been lurking here for the better part of three years!

Not much of a photographer like my wife, but more of a videographer. Unfortunately, they're mostly flying videos. I'll have to look through my stock to see if there's anything worth posting showing anything relevant to Cities in Louisiana, other than Lafayette.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Reality TV star, Billy Bretherton, of A&E's Billy the Exterminator, was arrested today in Bossier City, along with his wife, for possession of synthetic marijuana.

Get the whole story here: http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120605/NEWS03/120605018/Reality-star-Billy-Exterminator-arrested?odyssey=tab{sodEmoji.|}topnews{sodEmoji.|}img{sodEmoji.|}FRONTPAGE

On a side note, I am getting sooo tired of the Bayou Billionaires stars. Now Hebert's Town & Country Chrysler Dodge and Jeep has them on one of their commercials, and I'm sorry but they're the most back-woods, inbred people. And they're only rich because of companies like the one I work for in the oil & gas field. I mean, for crying out loud, on the commercial the man says "Hi, I'm (whatever his name is) and this is Kitten, you might have seed us, we're on the Bayou Billionaires show." I might have SEEN him, but I didn't SEED him.

One or two of this couple's sons owns "Dowden's Dojang", a martial arts studio in Shreveport. The other day my wife and I had lunch at the sushi restaurant in the same strip mall and when we were walking to our vehicles we saw people taking pictures of their kids with the sons in front of the Dojang that the show made famous.

First of all, people are way too damned star-struck. As someone who never cared about a celebrity, even I find myself being star-struck these days with all the famous people who film here. But people like Billy Bretherton, who is an exterminator, and the "Bayou Billionaires", who are inbred rednecks, are not celebrities. Why people treat them as such, I will never understand. They are just rednecks who have gotten very lucky and attracted the attention of production companies who pay them nicely to be their normal idiotic selves on television while laughing behind their backs.

Never heard of that Billy B guy...but he sure looked like crazy dude with his face flashing on the screen. The synthetic stuff is supposed to be a lot more dangerous than the real herb...

His show is on A&E, Billy the Exterminator. Yeah I don't mess with any of that stuff, synthetic or real. Plus, if I did I would lose my job because we have random drug testing due to working in the oilfield and I get tested fairly often.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so right now they're building the set for the movie White House Taken, starring Gerard Butler, one block from CenturyLink Center in South Bossier. The street where filming will take place is called Walker Place, and they're currently pretty far along with the construction of a replica White House. Across the street from there will be a replica of the National Mall, and the rest of the street is going to be made to look like Pennsylvania Avenue.

Hey, I'll take any movie that is made here, but finally we have our own movie being filmed here. Actor Ryan Phillippe is going to star in his own Indie thriller titled, Shreveport. Finally, Shreveport will be Shreveport in a movie rather than Washington DC, Portland, OR, or the many other places we have doubled for.

http://www.ksla.com/story/18859328/variety-actor-ryan-phillippe-to-film-shreveport-in-shreveport

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading an article on Shreveporttimes.com about Morgan Freeman becoming a member of the Squire Creek Country Club just north of Choudrant and northwest of Ruston. Apparently the guy who owns Davison Trucking has been friends with Freeman for many years and celebrated their mutual 75th birthdays together on the golf course.

Much continued success to Freeman as well as Davison Trucking!

Archived