Louisiana movie production

dimebag1980

Damn it... why do they play games? :lol: Update: news of Samuel L. Jackson movie, herein titled Fire Breathing Komodo Dragons on a Subway but officially The Cleaner, coming to Shreveport may have been premature. It seems the AP once again jumped out and reported something too soon.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/61018014

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually watched them film the scene involving the ferry exploding on the Mississippi River under the CCC over, and over, and over again. I watched it from the Governor Nicholls Street Wharf along the bend in the River. And it's a good thing that I knew that they were filming that scene then, because I would have been scared out of my mind of a terrorist attack if I saw a ferry crossing the river blown sky high right under the bridge that, if collapsed, could block off and shut down the entire Mississippi River for weeks.

Well, it's official. Samuel L. Jackson WILL be in Shreveport filming his next movie, The Cleaner. This movie is being produced by the same company who is currently filming Homeland Security with Antonio Banderas and Meg Ryan in Shreveport. It's also the same company who will be filming Blonde Ambition with Jessica Simpson in Shreveport next month.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/61026020

We gettin' our shine on down here in Louisiana.

No doubt!!

New Orleans, Shreveport, Baton Rouge... all showing off what he have as a state. I wonder if any of our smaller cities are getting in on the act? I know Webster Parish/Minden has been home to a couple of movies (some scenes were shot there for The Guardian and a Sandra Bullock film this year) so they're really trying to get the ball rolling. And they're my direct neighbor to the east, so I feel a closeness to that area as well.

Millennium Films has made a huge splash in Shreveport, filming 3 feature films in a row, all with big-time Hollywood stars.

1. Homeland Security, starring Antonio Banderas and Meg Ryan - filming now.

2. Blonde Ambition, starring Jessica Simpson - will begin filming in late November.

3. The Cleaner, starring Samuel L. Jackson (my hero!!) - will begin filming in January.

Thanks for all the updates Brian. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

I can't find the article ;I should have posted a couple days back. A large sugar mill looking warehouse just outside of New Roads in Pointe Coupee Parish was purchased for the movie industry.

Sounds like an odd place... but they would be able to draw people from Baton Rouge and New Orleans to work, so I could see it working out.

:lol: Blonde Ambition sounds like a freak show!!

I just read the list of "extras needed" for the movie, and it reads as follows:

NEEDED: Humorous extras to play construction workers, German-speaking executives, cab drivers, office executives (especially African Americans), puppeteers, mimes, jugglers, clowns, midgets and a robust German female barmaid. Must be at least 18. Senior citizens welcomed. These are paid positions.

Holy crud, another Shreveport movie announcement! This is the third major movie announcement for Shreveport in the past 2 weeks.

The sequel to the movie 'Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle,' which will be titled 'Harold and Kumar Go to Amsterdam,' will be shot almost entirely in Shreveport.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/61030025

Thanks for all the updates Brian. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

I can't find the article ;I should have posted a couple days back. A large sugar mill looking warehouse just outside of New Roads in Pointe Coupee Parish was purchased for the movie industry.

Last time I was in Downtown New Roads there were a hundred pale white kids with black clothes on holding clandles. I thought I was in the twilight zone....turns out they were filming some kind of made-for TV horror movie. That is a pretty town.

Yes, the cotton gin is now some kind of movie production place. Not sure the name of it, but I am sure the Advocate wrote about it. I have never been to the cotton gin, but it was right next to where my high school played Catholic High in football. I think that that field is their home field or something. It's nice. I don't know if it is in new roads or not, but I do remember it being very close to their downtown area. There were lots of nice little houses nearby, so it might have been in town. Not sure.

Last time I was in Downtown New Roads there were a hundred pale white kids with black cloths on holding clandles. I thought I was in the twilight zone....turns out they were filming some kind of made-for TV horror movie. That is a pretty town.

Yes, the cotton gin is now some kind of movie production place. Not sure the name of it, but I am sure the Advocate wrote about it. I have never been to the cotton gin, but it was right next to where my high school played Catholic High in football. I think that that field is their home field or something. It's nice. I don't know if it is in new roads or not, but I do remember it being very close to their downtown area. There were lots of nice little houses nearby, so it might have been in town. Not sure.

Put those kids out in the corn and you have a new Children of the Corn movie. I can imagine going to a small town like New Roads and seeing something like that... how strange! :lol:

Wow, I was searching Google for pictures of New Orleans' skyline, and I ended up finding this on a British website:

Robert De Niro, 50 Cent head for New Orleans

Link

Robert De Niro and 50 Cent are in final negotiations to star in "New Orleans," a police thriller set against the backdrop of last year's Hurricane Katrina disaster.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a cool little video showing the wave tank where the ocean scenes from the Ashton Kutcher/Kevin Costner film, The Guardian, were made last year. It even shows them in the water making the film. Too cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFSgpLlpmlc

That was awesome :w00t: I want to try that out. They have mellowed out versions of those at the water park.

Archived