Louisiana movie production

dimebag1980

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some interesting movie news. At Walt Disney's annual shareholders' meeting here in New Orleans last week, it was announced that Disney had started production on a new animated film titled "The Frog Princess" which will be set in New Orleans, and will feature Disney's first black princess. Cool! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

It was recently announced that "K-Ville," the television drama set and filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans, will be added to Fox's Monday primetime lineup. I believe the series will premier on June 1st. I'll keep you guys posted!

K-Ville will star Cole Hauser and Anthony Anderson.

It was recently announced that "K-Ville," the television drama set and filmed in post-Katrina New Orleans, will be added to Fox's Monday primetime lineup. I believe the series will premier on June 1st. I'll keep you guys posted!

K-Ville will star Cole Hauser and Anthony Anderson.

Whoa!!! Hmmm..... sounds VERY interesting! I'll be watching!

• 2 weeks later...

Gospel musical set to shoot in B.R.: Lynn Whitfield, Patti LaBelle and young R&B singer Ciara will star in Mama, I Want to Sing! the movie adaptation of an off-Broadway gospel musical, which starts shooting next month in Baton Rouge. Mama, set for release in February, tells the story of a preacher's daughter who goes from the church choir to pop stardom, reports Variety.com

Finally we got a movie. :D

^Cool! I'll definately be interested in that one!

It looks like I was a bit off with my premiere date for K-Ville, the upcoming New Orleans cop drama. The series will premiere on September 1, 2007 on FOX, and 12 episodes will follow. I'm looking forward to seeing New Orleans in a primetime network series! :thumbsup:

K_Ville_Cast.jpg

K-Ville on Wikipedia

K-Ville on TV.com

It looked kind of dark and gloomy, shot only in certain colors(Like the movie 300). It started off with a shot of the skyline,then a couple (with the black guy in the picture) searching through their home and driving down the street saying(girl)"It's not the same New Orleans" and (guy) "We've got to try". Or something like that. Wouldn't really guess it was a cop show,I'll be watching though. :thumbsup:

I can already tell that racial issues will play a strong part in this one. However, with New Orleans being a very racially divided city, especially in the times directly after Katrina, that's not at all suprising.

The NOPD pretty much came out and said they were in favor of the series and its representation of New Orleans' finest, so I have high hopes!

After doing some digging on the FOX site, I found some interesting stuff...

The producer of K-Ville, Jonathan Lisco, was the producer behind the long-running series NYPD Blue, and The District.

The director of K-Ville, Deran Sarafian, is behind the mega-series CSI, along with the FOX series House.

Looks like some strong guys behind the scenes!

That's awesome. I hope though that they shift the issue from Post-Katrina to a police show in general(Like Law & Order). Not because I think Post-Katrina is a bad thing to put on T.V. ,but because I think the show will last longer that way. If they make the show specifically for Post-Katrina, when the issue becomes less ergent(even though that will most likely never happen)or the audience losses interest, it might die down; where as general show can manuver from one issue to the next. Although that probably won't happen due to the amount of Katrina-affected people and Louisianians in general how will patronize the show. I think though that this is the beginning of a long line of television series coming to the city. :D

I think though that this is the beginning of a long line of television series coming to the city. :D

Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised, and would certainly love, to see that happen. New Orleans has always struck me as a city that would really look great in a television series, especially a crime drama, considering the real life crime issues in this city, pre and post-Katrina.

In the late 90's there was a CBS show called Orleans that was set in New Orleans, but that series went just about nowhere. Info

A few years ago, when a third CSI series was being planned, New Orleans and New York City were the final two cities considered as settings. NYC obviously won, however, which isn't very suprising.

Over the last decade, New Orleans has been featured in many television shows, but only for one episode. Hopefully K-Ville will change that in the long run! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Film company suspends plans for studio during fed probe

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LA_...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Plans for construction of a major downtown movie studio in New Orleans have been suspended while a federal grand jury investigates the state's film tax incentives program.

Louisiana Institute of Film Technology, or LIFT Productions, also has laid off most of its staff.

• 5 months later...

Archived