Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rbdetsport

Tiger Stadium to be Demolished

10 posts in this topic

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. Preserving parts of it, having a sort of park deal and building condos and shops around it. Everyone kind of wins on this.

I spoke with someone from the Corktown Greater Development Corp. about the plan at the Preservation Wayne 30th Birthday celebration on Wednesday night. It sounds like an excellent plan. It preserves the most important areas of the stadium, while still allowing for new condos and retail.

This is exactly what I hopped would happened, as were many others. This couldn't be better news.

I wonder, will the new structure only be two-stories, though? I could imagine them putting up a 4-story building on that block.

I think it's a wonderful idea...if they include residential use, I'd be tempted to live there.

For once, I actually have no complaints.

Really, I can say nothing. We can only hope that it goes according to plans. This will mean so much to the current hole that is North Corktown, and perhaps even revive it in the long run.

Hell, this could take the same route as Mexicantown. This is great

It's funny, when I saw your name on the last to reply, I was thinking "what could he possibly complain about?" :)

its nice to see several good news items about detroit in a single week. just hope this project doesn't have as many snags as the book-cadillac.

It's funny, when I saw your name on the last to reply, I was thinking "what could he possibly complain about?" smile.gif

thats when you know its a good week.

the tigers are playing great, i make my homecoming in a couple days, a plan concerning the ballpark that actually seems feasible for everyone

what more can i say?