Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shakman

Chesterfield County: 2,000 Acre Development

7 posts in this topic

A 2,000 acre, mixed use development coming to Chesterfield County. This massive project will be built along the Rt 288 Corridor. Please see the link below and associated article:

http://www.richmond.com/econdev/output.asp...er=1&position=1

New Urban Living

Roseland is a "new urbanism" project that would feature residential and retail development.

Roseland's 2,000-acre "new urbanism" project could put 4,500 homes off Route 288. Greg Pearson

Chesterfield Observer

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Spurred by a backlash against suburban sprawl and what appears to be a demand for urban living - without panhandlers and potholes - GBS Holding, Ltd. is proposing Roseland, a 2,000-acre development south and west of the Route 288 intersection with Woolridge Road.

Shakman, I edited your posting as pasting the entire article is not allowed. You may view the rules here. Thanks.

Shakman, I edited your posting as pasting the entire article is not allowed. You may view the rules here. Thanks.

My apologizes. Thanks for the heads up.

That's one of the smaller mega developments out there. The largest is 5000 new homes, another is around 4500.... massive development.

That's one of the smaller mega developments out there. The largest is 5000 new homes, another is around 4500.... massive development.

Which development is this?

They talk about them at the bottom of that article.

No problems with this... but I do have a problem with the advertisement, "Spurred by a backlash against suburban sprawl and what appears to be a demand for urban living - without panhandlers and potholes" almost like WBV being the new Fan. I guess the city should either kill or lock up its panhandlers so we can appease those offended. And over time, there will be potholes.