Pics of Perth Amboy

A Random Shemp

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Random Shemp,

Awesome photos! Perth Amboy is a very nice city with an excellent supply of old buildings. I enjoy the waterfront area too. There has been lots of news about redevelopment and stuff over there. I'm eager to go see what's changed recently. Do you live in that area?

A Random Shemp,

Awesome photos! Perth Amboy is a very nice city with an excellent supply of old buildings. I enjoy the waterfront area too. There has been lots of news about redevelopment and stuff over there. I'm eager to go see what's changed recently. Do you live in that area?

Yes the waterfront is a very nice area. I put some pictures below.

S3012816.jpg

S3011327.jpg

S3012898.jpg

S3012827.jpg

S3012821.jpg

S3011320.jpg

S3011323.jpg

S3011325.jpg

S3011328.jpg

S3011334.jpg

S3011331.jpg

S3012904.jpg

S3011337.jpg

S3012907.jpg

S3012838.jpg

S3012899.jpg

S3011332.jpg

S3012902.jpg

S3012903.jpg

Awsome pics of Amboy! I can relate to almost all of those pics as ive driven and walked through many of these places.

You can thank Joseph Vas, mayor of Perth Amboy, for doing a remarkable job of fixing Amboy up. Projects noteworthy are the Habourtowne residential complex area off State St, new city hall (RIP scorintinos pizza/amboy location), restored train station, the waterfront re-development projects where the Tottenville Ferry launch is (SI didnt preserve their side, shame on them) as well as the waterfront facing South Amboy and Sayreville and New Brunswick Ave resurfacing and urban renewal projects (this extends into Hopelawn and Fords sections of nearby Woodbridge as well). With all said, crime is down and the future is looking brighter and brighter for Amboy. As gas prices continue to stay at the upper $2 range, this could be the shot in the arm Amboy needs to re-develop other parts of town. Id like to see more improvements along Smith Street at Convery Blvd (and east of it) if the oil tankers could be removed. In that aforementioned area, Fayette Street is another one in mind as well.

Archived