Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minneapolitan

Foshay Tower to become a boutique W Hotel

The 32-story building, which was built in 1929, will be the second downtown office building to be converted into a hotel. The Farmers and Mechanics Bank Building is currently being converted to a 214-room Westin Hotel. There are currently numerous hotel projects underway and ready to break ground in downtown Minneapolis. This is great news for the Minneapolis market because the city has a major shortage of hotel rooms and these conversions are helping the vacancy rate. The 900 - 1,000ft tower that many "in the know" are talking about will become reality sooner than later.

sushisimo    0

Sounds nice! Its interesting what a couple years can do, I remember hearing the hotel market being really dead not long ago. Le Meridian practically giving rooms away. Perhaps that was a one-off situation, not indicative of the market.

I wonder where that 900-1000 ft tower will go.

There are plenty of prime spots for a new office tower.

I'm still waiting for news on a 900-1,000+ room hotel near the Minneapolis Convention Center. The block that is home to the Catholic Charities of STPL. & MPLS. would be an excellent location.