JULY 13, 2006 Hartford Meet Up!

drc72

Are we talking Thursday or Friday? If it's Thursday, then I can't make it, if it's Friday, I'm in. Either way, I'd prefer something a little earlier, but whatever...

It's a Thursday. If everybody agrees we can move it to July 14, but the 13th is the official date.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, then if it's Thursday, I can't make it, 7PM is way too late for me on Thursday. If anyone wants to meet earlier like 5 or 530, I can hang for a pop or two...

I can try for 5:30PM and maybe others can too.

There's a chance I could make it for 5 or 530 because I may end up driving up the night before. By all means, don't make or break the date and time based on my schedule. Whatever works best for you guys is what we should decide on. Then I'll try and alter my schedule accordingly.

So if 5 or 530 works better for everyone, let's set go with that. I may be able to make it, I may not, but I'll certainly try my best.

We usually close at 7 PM, but are pretty flexible about that. Parking on Pratt Street can be tough, but if you find a space after 5 PM the metermaids are usually done by then, I think. Also Church Street or Trumbull Street usually have some meters spaces after 6 PM. We don't have booz, if that works for you guys, then you are more than welcome. If your guys want to meet up in a bar, Vaughan or Joe Black or Sweet Jane's or Russell are all fine establishments on Pratt Street. There is also Room 960 in the beautifully renovated former G. Fox building.

I'll try. I don't usally leave work until around 5:15 and I'm coming from Simsbury. I should be able to be there by 6.

That's cool. Sounds like people will be arriving and popping in at different times, so there's no rush. - :) I'll just be hanging out at the bar or whatever, depending on where we decide to meet.

OK, here's my situation. I can't leave Wednesday night as I was hoping, but I will be able to leave right after my class at around 3pm. Now the thing is, I know I'm going to hit traffic, whether I take I-95, I-87, the Merrit parkway, etc. So I'm hoping I can be there by 530 which would be perfect, but more realisticly it'll be more like 630pm. #1 - are you guys still going to be around at 630-7ish? and #2 - where did we decide to meet?

OK, here's my situation. I can't leave Wednesday night as I was hoping, but I will be able to leave right after my class at around 3pm. Now the thing is, I know I'm going to hit traffic, whether I take I-95, I-87, the Merrit parkway, etc. So I'm hoping I can be there by 530 which would be perfect, but more realisticly it'll be more like 630pm. #1 - are you guys still going to be around at 630-7ish? and #2 - where did we decide to meet?

I'll definitely be there at that timeframe. JoJo's is where were meeting.

start asking people, "Hey, are you from Urban Planet"?

Someone should take the lead and identify themselves by wearing a funny hat or something.

Well, you don't have to wear a funny hat, but whoever is going to be there first tomorrow, should post a description of themselves and/or what they are wearing, so others can find them.

Have fun guys!

Well I'll describe myself as having dirty blonde hair and I'm about about 5'9. Just look at my avatar, it will give you somewhat of an idea.

Someone should take the lead and identify themselves by wearing a funny hat or something.

Well, you don't have to wear a funny hat, but whoever is going to be there first tomorrow, should post a description of themselves and/or what they are wearing, so others can find them.

Have fun guys!

Hey Cotuit you should come by and say hello if you can. Although coming from Providence, that would be a long way for you.

Archived