Nashville-Tokyo Air Service

ATLBrain

Interesting chart. I always like seeing lists. I have a question though. Does anyone know what the % Chance column on the right mean? And it was also interesting see Knoxville at 94, and Chattanooga at 143. I thought Chattanooga would've been higher. I also saw Blountville at 144. How is a town I've never heard of only 30,000 passengers below Chattanooga?

And something I though was funny, the city of "Medicine Hat," with 32,000 passengers, is ranked at 171. I just thought that was a funny name.

And one last thing. Why are these the only airports on the list? I know there are many more smaller airports in the country.

Blountville is the Tri-Cities airport which serves Johnson City, Kingsport ,and Bristol. Sorry, I didn't realize it had already been answered. The Northwest Arkansas airport which serves a metro area nearing 500,000 that comprises Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville is actually located in a tiny little town called Highfill....population 386.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting chart. I always like seeing lists. I have a question though. Does anyone know what the % Chance column on the right mean? And it was also interesting see Knoxville at 94, and Chattanooga at 143. I thought Chattanooga would've been higher. I also saw Blountville at 144. How is a town I've never heard of only 30,000 passengers below Chattanooga?

And something I though was funny, the city of "Medicine Hat," with 32,000 passengers, is ranked at 171. I just thought that was a funny name.

And one last thing. Why are these the only airports on the list? I know there are many more smaller airports in the country.

Chattanooga is really hurt by it's proximity to Atlanta. ASA operates the CHA-ATL route and the flight is barley 45 minutes. If your flight is delayed or canceled you could have drove in less total time. Compounding the problem is that the CHA-ATL route operated by ASA had one of the highest cancellation rates in the mid-late 90's. Yet, another issue in the '90's was that to fly to Chattanooga from Atlanta usually cost $200+. When I worked at the Read House we had a hotel shuttle to pick up guests at the Chattanooga airport, but most of our guests either took a private shuttle from Atlanta, or rented a car. Nashville, to a lesser extent causes the same problems.

However, the Chattanooga Airport seems to be rebounding from Delta's pull out in the mid 90's, and like everywhere else from 9/11. The Chattanooga airport has whopping 8 direct flights now. That

I see the bus service for BNA from Chattanooga all the time here. I believe it is Groome Shuttle Service that operates that route between here and Chatt. They also do an Atlanta service as well.

There were two back when I lived in Chatt, Express Shuttle and ?? I can't remember the other. I hadn't heard for Groome Shuttle

Groom bought one of them and the other started operating shortly after that. With both of them running, one is at the airport every hour on the half hour. There was also Ktown shuttle to Knoxville, but I have not seen them for a while. I suppose they are still running. In addition there are shuttles to Bowling Green, Cookville and Clarksville.

Archived