Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M. Brown

Kansas City to Memphis?

Yea it's to NO,

work is being done in Arkansas and Louisiana. A little bit of work is being done and is being proposed for 71 highway in Missouri. This is becoming a reality. It's supposed to make KC the largest inland port in the nation... Not to mention we are already the 2nd biggest rail center and the 3rd largest city in trucking ;)

Oh, and we also have more roads (or whatever it's called) per capita than any other city in the nation...

I thought KC was already the largest inland port in the country. I guess not. Which city holds that title now?

I dunno, but KC doesn't own that title yet, that's all I know...

This will probably boost us up to #2 in trucking instead of #3.

Too bad the missouri river is too muddy to have a real port...

It is also digging down and so it is getting thinner (it looks like it's low, its just becoming deep)

Guest donaltopablo

According the to folks in West Virginia, they are.

The Port of Huntington/Tri-State is the nation's largest inland port, handling more than 80 million tons of cargo annually.

This came from a regional business development site, so take it for what it's worth.

I really don't think of WV as being an inland port. I'm sure many areas try to claim the title of the nation's largest inland port, however.

Kansas City IMO is the best location in the entire nation for an inland port, rail, etc...

We are the closest big city to the geographic center of the US mainland and its only 1000 miles to the east and west coasts.