News 14 Carolina to expand to Triad

DCMetroRaleigh

News 14 Carolina, Time Warner Cable's news channel, will expand this fall to about 350,000 subscribers in the Triad area.

In all, the channel -- which will continue to operate from twin hubs in Raleigh and Charlotte -- will be available to 1.2 million Time Warner subscribers in North Carolina.

No firm date has been set for the launch in the Greensboro-High Point-Winston-Salem area, but it is expected in late September or October, said Alan Mason, News 14's Raleigh-based vice president and general manager.

News 14 TRIAD

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABC45 was the most rinky dink news operation I have ever seen. SO far what I have seen of News14 has been pretty low budget too, but the channel offers the distinctive service of a 24 hour news station focusing on NC news.

I think it will be successful. unlike the other stations, it offers 24 hour news like cnn. But will it have the highest ratings at 6pm, 10pm or 11pm? probabally not as Triad viewers are pretty set in watching their favorite stations.

Question is as a viewer, do I really care what is going on in Raleigh or Charlotte. If I was from one of those cities and just moved to the Triad perhaps, but if a local reporter covers the aftermath of a house fire in south Charlotte would I even know where it occured let alone be interested? The only really interesting stories are ones with state or national effects like the aftermath of a hurricane or the current Duke lacrosse team scandal which my local Triad stations cover adequately enough and whatever more information I need I would just get from the net.

The Triad will have its own news/weather/sports but at the top and bottom of the hours, will relay brief top story reports of whats going on in Raleigh, Charlotte and the rest of the state. This will also be the case for the other News 14 affilations outside of the Triad

^Standard and will be on Channel 14. If it was any other cable system like Adelphia or somethin, it may or may not be availible to customers in the News 14 viewing areas and it may not even be Channel 14 either. Maybe channel 99 or something :rofl:

What would happen to UPN?

If I was from one of those cities and just moved to the Triad perhaps

Bingo.

After being here about 6 months, I'm about to go nuts with the news up here. The sports is nothing but ACC, which really bugs me because I am a pro sports fan. I can't WAIT to get News 14 to see some Panthers and Bobcats coverage on their nightly 10:00 sports show.

Archived