Center near Plantation Trace?

humidinla

Good day, does anyone have information on the use of the land in S. Bossier to the south of Plantation Trace? I was told by a friend that some type of center is planned and that Sunflower road was to be the primary access road for that area.

thanks for the information.

Humidinla

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good day, does anyone have information on the use of the land in S. Bossier to the south of Plantation Trace? I was told by a friend that some type of center is planned and that Sunflower road was to be the primary access road for that area.

thanks for the information.

Humidinla

Hi. :) I'm glad someone brought this up, because I do know the answer.

As is currently proposed, Sunflower is expected to be extended further toward the Red River, creating an access road for the Red River National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center.

This refuge is creating a problem for the planned southern extension of the Arthur Ray Tague Parkway, because when the land was set aside for the refuge, the lawmakers left out a very important right-of-way. Because of this, it could now be years before the parkway can be extended south. Fortunately, while they try to work out this detail, the forward-thinking leaders of Bossier City are planning the parkway's northern extension all the way to I-220.

I couldn't find the exact article I was looking for, but this one touches on the subject of the refuge while avoiding the Sunflower topic.

http://www.bossierpress.com/index.php?opti...=2153&Itemid=65

In the event I find the article I was looking for, I'll come back and post it here.

Archived