Allow me to introduce myself

JFER1980

Hey Everybody!

I've been reading posts lately on the Columbia page, and before I began posting I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Jay and I'm 26 years old. I'm a current downtown resident and I love Columbia. I've lived in the Columbia area for fifteen years now. I'm very interested in Columbia and USC's history and it's preservation. I love to take photos and I plan on posting some of my collection in the very near future. I currently live in the Cornell Arms Building behind the State House on Pendleton Street. I chose the building for it's location, affordable rent and it's history. My favorite section of town is the Vista and my favorite building is the Palmetto building. Anyway I'm always learning about Columbia and it's rich history and really am looking forward to meeting people.

Take care!

Jay

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks,

I'm originally from Clark County in East Central Illinois. Just west across the Indiana state line from Terre Haute.

My dad is from Hillham, Indiana, a crossroads in the southern part of the state. Welcome to the forum, Jay. You're located right in the crux of all the energy going on. I've considered selling my house in the Forest Drive-Beltline Blvd-Two Notch Road triangle and living at Cornell Arms until a condo or townhouse comes along in the Vista in my range. I'm reluctant to give up homeownership, so I'll probably hold onto my house until then instead. Sounds like you have a very positive outlook on the capital city. I'm looking forward to your pics.

Archived