Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hankster

Tour of Chattanooga Northshore Area

7 posts in this topic

I took a tour of Chattanooga's North Shore this past week. This is the scene of considerable urban development, and is an up and coming "in place" to live in Chattanooga. It is walking distance to all of downtown Chattanooga via the Walnut Street pedestrian bridge. Here's some pictures that I hope you enjoy:

Site for the One Northshore Project. 100 condos and retail to be constructed in Phase I. Another 100 condos and retail to be constructed in Phase II. Across the street is the Knitting Mill Lofts project, with lofts as well as retail.

P6151176.jpg

417 Frazier project under construction

P6151178.jpg

Site for the Northshore Project. Project includes retail on first floor, two stories of office condos, and the top floor will be condos.

P6151181.jpg

North Chat Cat... a local bar

P6151184.jpg

Frazier Place - Completed late last year. Very cool with retail on first floor and condos above. This project is completely occupied.

P6151185.jpg

P6151186.jpg

Walnut View Condos. This project was completed a few years ago. It's is very upscale with condos valued at around $1 Million. Great views of the Walnut St Pedestrian Bridge, the river, and downtown Chattanooga.

P6151187.jpg

P6151188.jpg

P6151189.jpg

Views of many restaurants and shops along Frazier Ave.

P6151190.jpg

P6151191.jpg

A couple more views of Frazier Place and 416 Frazier taken from the Walnut Street Bridge

P6151192.jpg

P6151193.jpg

A view into Coolidge Park also taken from the Walnut St Pedestrian Bridge.

P6151194.jpg

This is the perfect building. It ought to be required in all zoning ordinances. Mixed use, abutting the sidewalk, maximum of 3-4 floors.

P6151186.jpg

Chattanooga is doing growth right. It will have good residential density and walkable, mixed use neighborhoods.

I didn't realize how much Museum Bluffs added to theskyline/riverfront till I saw your pic from in front of Walnut view.

Speaking of Walnut Vierw. I went through a few of them while there were being built. I used to live about a mile from the top of Forest Ave. I ran into the builder and he said we could on of the town home for 400k but that was in 1999/2000 (whenever they were built).

Wow, I had no idea Chattanooga had such a dense, urban enivornment. I'm really gonna have drive on down there one of these days and check it out. Thanks Hankster!

Wow, I had no idea Chattanooga had such a dense, urban enivornment. I'm really gonna have drive on down there one of these days and check it out. Thanks Hankster!

May I suggest you come down for the 1st Chattanooga forum meet. It is planned for Saturday, August 13th at 12:00 Noon EST at the Pickle Barrell restaurant on Market Street. Several Nashville forumers have indicated they plan to attend.

mmmmm Pickle Barrell... I've not eaten there, but I have been told it is very good.

Is the hot sause store still open on the North shore?

mmmmm Pickle Barrell... I've not eaten there, but I have been told it is very good.

Is the hot sause store still open on the North shore?

I'm not familiar with that. I've only lived in Chattanooga 3 1/2 years. Still, I'll see if I can find out anything.