Lansing head count

MJLO

you know it's occured to me, that in all the time i've been following the Lansing subforum noones ever really broken the ice and introduced themselves.

So I'll start,` My name is Matt i'm from Grand Rapids, right now I live in AZ. I've never lived in Lansing, but I have a bunch of relatives who live in Okemos, Holt, and East Lansing. I've always been impressed with downtown Lansing and have felt that while every city suffered a little, Lansing suffered just a little bit less. One thing that I want to learn more about is Lansings history in the auto industry. So i'll probabally pick your Lansing brains about it. It seems like Lansing gets a new forumer every week. So i'd like to know more about you all!

Lmich and Hood, you guys better tell me about yourselves too! Because you post all the time and I know nothing about y'all. :)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is Jason, I'm 18 and grew up in South Lansing but moved to a new subdivision in Holt about a year and a half ago. If there is anything you need to know about Lansing history feel free to ask, chances are I either know or can find out an answer no problem.

This is a great thread.

My name is Chris and I'm 21 years old. I grew up on Lansing's Southwest side, but started in "south central" on Barnes Ave. I'm currently an MSU student studying social work/urban affairs. I have residences in EL and Detroit, as I work in Detroit and will be living there full time after graduation next May.

My specialty in knowledge as it relates to this form would have to be asking pretty obvious questions...though I do think I post something of substance upon occasion. :P

While we're on the subject of individuals, I've always thought that the Lansing Area is very underrated in terms of personability and friendliness. Everyone that I've brought in from out of town is amazed at how friendly and helpful the locals are. I guess when you grow up somewhere you dont realize the uniqueness of the place.

My name is Thomas Morgan. I'm originally from Grand Rapids' Cherry Hill District, but I've lived in the Lansing area off-and-on since 1999. I've never posted here before, but I do tend to lurk quite a bit.

I'm a 26-year-old graduate of MSU, where I majored in journalism and specialized in political science.

For the last two years I've been a reporter for City Pulse, including the past six months as managing editor. I'm married to a preschool teacher and live on the north side of East Lansing. I've also lived in Lansing's Old Forest neighborhood, the Eastside neighborhood, and in East Lansing near Patriarche Park.

My name is Jared (obviously), I'm a junior at MSU and majoring in Computer Science. I've lived in the East Lansing area my whole life, but am thinking of moving to New York when I graduate. My favorite building (architecturally) in Lansing is the Knapps Building and I am all for making a more pedestrian and bicycle friendly environment. While in highschool, I was the president of the Ingham County Youth Commission, an advisory board to the Ingham County Commisioners, and member of the East Lansing Youth Action Team. I also am a board member of the Lansing Area Skate, Bike & Recreation Foundation, the group that built the skatepark next to Frandor.

Thanks for introducing yourselves guys. It's interesting to me to see who people actually are on here. ego, welcome to the forum, I hope to see you around here more often posting, helping the Lansing forum grow.

Lmich come on don't hold out on me! Who are you we all want to know!

Hi everyone. My name is Adriane, and I am a graduate of the MSU Urban Planning and Construction Mangement Programs. I am working as a realtor in Lansing and have enjoying doing a number of rehab projects in Lansing. Interesting getting to know a bit about people...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Adriane. I know for sure that I graduated with you from MSU...or at least you were in the program when I was. I can't imagine another Adriane doubling up UP and Construct Mgt. I'm pretty sure we were in Hinahosa's class together (and maybe another one or two). I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Urban and Regional Planning in 2003.

For all you Spartans, I lived in Hubbard, Brody (Bryan), and Mason/Abbott (Mason), so I lived on campus my entire tenure and wouldn't have had it any other way. During the summers though, I lived on Orchard Street and Fern Street in East Lansing. After I graduated, I lived on CLIMAX STREET (hehe) in Lansing, off of S. Pennsylvania. It was easily accessible to the extensive river trail, so I biked to work (at the Spartan Bookstore) almost every day using it or the Kalamazoo Street bike lane.

Right now I live in Detroit and go to school at Wayne State, trying my luck at a Master's Degree in Urban Planning. But prior to my adventures in lower Michigan, I was born and raised in a tiny town, no bigger than the size of a flea, called Rogers City, which is the county seat of Presque Isle County (pop: 14,000).

Aaaaaaaand...my name's Eric.

Michi, I love Rogers City!! Seriously, my family loved camping at Hoeft State Park so much that my parents bought a small cottage on Forest Ave. Besides Cadillac, Detroit and (sometimes) Lansing, Rogers City is my favorite spot in the state.

That's INSANE! I have never heard of anyone loving Rogers City...let along knowing of it. lol

Me, I have a love/hate relationship with it. I can't believe your parents bought a house on Forest Avenue. My best friend from high school lived off of Forest near Seagull Point. Maybe they bought her parents' house because I know they were selling it. It's on the Trout River. This same friend I speak of was a park ranger at Hoeft SP for like two summers in HS as well. The city built a huge recreation trail throughout the city that links all the parks and now it extends all the way along Lake Huron to Hoeft, about 4-5 miles north. It's pretty cool, so you'll have to check it out next time you are there.

My summer job in HS was a dockhand at the Marina downtown. It was the best HS job in the world! I'm glad you know about the big Rocket City! :D

I am the senior member of this forum, having graduated from MSU before most of you were born!

I lived in Phillips Hall, out GR in Okemos, in Eastern and Southern Lansing, and at Ann & Charles (Friends of the Highway)Sts. in East Lansing.

If Lansing would build a light rail system as we discussed in another thread, I would retire in EL for sure! (Still many, MANY years down the road)

lmichigan is a smart young man (and some time smart assed) whom I respect very much, and who LOLs more than any other forumer I have ever met ...

Archived