Boston, MA

ctman987

Pictures from Boston, MA during a beautiful Memorial Day weekend.

The Westin Copley Place Boston (38 floors, 395 feet, 803 rooms) followed by the Boston Marriott Copley Place (39 floors, 382 feet, 1147 rooms) both along Huntington Avenue with the entrance to I-90 (the MassPike)

WestinthenMarriott2.jpg

Behind the trees on the left is the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel followed by the Westin then the Marriott in back of it and on the right side is the Boston Public Library Central Branch

WestinthenMarriott.jpg

The 38 floor 395 foot Westin Copley Place Boston Hotel

WestinHotelCopleySquare.jpg

The 39 floor 1,147 room Boston Marriott Copley Place with a Shaw's Supermarket in front

MarriottCopleySquareShaws.jpg

Side entrance to Shaw's Supermarket at Copley Square, the Westin Copley Place Boston Hotel tower and the John Hancock Tower

WestinJohnHancockTowerShaws.jpg

Shaw's Supermarket with the Boston Marriott Copley Square in back and 116 Huntington Avenue to the right of that. Across from Shaw's even though you can't see it is Saks 5th Avenue

ShawsMarriottSaks5thAveentrance.jpg

Copley Square Saks Fifth Avenue

CopleySquare-Saks5thAveShawsColonna.jpg

Copley Square Neiman Marcus

CopleySquare-NeimanMarcus.jpg

Copley Square Lord & Taylor

CopleySquareLordTaylor.jpg

Prudential Tower near Copley Square- 59 Floors, 750 feet

PrudentialTower.jpg

Avalon at Prudential Center

AvalonPrudentialCenter.jpg

Back of the Marriott Copley Place, then the John Hancock Tower (blue building-790 feet, 60 floors) then the John Hancock Building (pointed top building- 495 feet, 26 floors)

MarriottJohnHancockTowerBuilding.jpg

Huntington Avenue towards the Copley Square Hotel

HuntingtonAvenue.jpg

John Hancock Tower (790 feet, 60 floors)

JohnHancockTower2.jpg

John Hancock Tower again with the Trinity Church to the left of it

JohnHancockTower.jpg

John Hancock Tower and the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel

FairmontCopleyPlazaJohnHancock.jpg

Courtyard by Marriott Copley Square, Copley Square Hotel, Trinity Place, John Hancock Tower, Marriott

CourtyardMarriottCopleySquareHotelW.jpg

Courtyard by Marriott Copley Square

courtyardbymarriottcopleysquare2.jpg

Courtyard by Marriott Copley Square (left) followed by the Copley Square Hotel

CopleySquareHotelCourtyardbyMarriot.jpg

Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel

FairmontCopleyPlaza2.jpg

131 Dartmouth St

131DartmouthSt.jpg

Trinity Place (18 floors, 236 feet) along Huntington Avenue

TrinityPlace.jpg

Huntington Avenue with the Westin and then Marriott on left, the entrance to I-90 (Mass Pike) and Trinity Place on the right

HuntingtonAveTrinityPlace2.jpg

Huntington Avenue

HuntingtonAve.jpg

The Colonnade Residences on Huntington Avenue

ColonnadeResidences.jpg

The Colonnade Residences followed by the Colonnade Hotel along Huntington Avenue

ColonnadeHotelResidences.jpg

116 Huntington Avenue followed by the Colonnade Residences then the hotel

116HuntingtonAveColonnadeResidences.jpg

The Christian Science Administration Building along Huntington Avenue (23 floors, 370 feet)

ChristianScienceAdminstrationBuildi.jpg

ChristianScienceAdminstrationBui-1.jpg

Trinity Church which was founded back in 1733

TrinityChurch.jpg

Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residences

RitzCarltonHotelandResidences3.jpg

Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residences with the John Hancock Tower in back

RitzCarltonHotelResidencesJohnHanco.jpg

The side of the Ritz Carlton Hotel on Newbury St (building is at Newbury & Arlington)

RitzCarltonHotelResidences.jpg

Boston Public Library Central Branch

BostonPublicLibrary.jpg

BostonPublicLibrary2.jpg

Boston Public Gardens

PublicGarden2.jpg

Boston Public Gardens - George Washington

PublicGardenGeorgeWashington.jpg

John Hancock Building & Tower from the Boston Public Gardens

JohnHancockBuildingTowerfrompublicg.jpg

Boston Public Gardens

PublicGardens4.jpg

Boston Public Gardens with the Swan Boats which give rides to visitors

PublicGardenSwanBoats3.jpg

Boston Public Gardens with the Swan Boats which give rides to visitors

PublicGardenSwanBoats.jpg

Boston Public Gardens

PublicGarden.jpg

Arlington Street by the Public Gardens

ArlingtonSt.jpg

500 Boylston Street, John Hancock Tower and the Prudential Tower

500BoylstonJohnHancockPrudential.jpg

Newbury Street

Newburyst.jpg

NewburySt2.jpg

NewburySt4.jpg

NewburySt3.jpg

Newbury & Berkley Streets

NewburyBerkleySt.jpg

Newbury Boylston Street area

Downtown-NewburyBoylstonstarea.jpg

Clarendon Street by Boylston Street

ClarendonStbyBoylston.jpg

Louis in the Newbury and Boylston Street area

LouisBoston.jpg

Church of the Covenant

ChurchoftheCovenant2.jpg

ChurchoftheCovenant.jpg

Church next to the Boston Public Library

ChurchnexttoBostonPublicLibrary.jpg

Bank of New England - I think??

IMG_1232-1.jpg

Boylston Street

BoylstonSt2.jpg

BoylstonSt.jpg

Boylston & Clarendon

BoylstonClarendonSts.jpg

BoylstonClarendonSt.jpg

Boylston & Dartmouth

BoylstonandDartmouthSt.jpg

Marriott Customs House (496 feet, 32 floors)

MarriottCustomsHouse.jpg

Beacon Street before the MA State Capital

BeaconStbeforecapital.jpg

MA State Capital

MAStateCapital.jpg

Lenox Hotel on Exeter Street at Boylston

LenoxHotel.jpg

Four Seasons Hotel

FourSeasons.jpg

Back Bay looking towards the John Hancock Tower

BackBaytoJohnHancock.jpg

Back Bay

BackBay.jpg

BackBay6.jpg

BackBay5.jpg

BackBay4.jpg

BackBay3.jpg

BackBay2.jpg

Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market

FaneuilHallMarketplace-1.jpg

FaneuilHallMarketplace.jpg

FaneuilHallMarketplace-2.jpg

FaneuilHall.jpg

FaneuilHall5.jpg

FaneuilHall4.jpg

FaneuilHall3.jpg

FaneuilHall2.jpg

Towards Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market with the Millennium Bostonian Hotel on the right

TowardsFaneuilHallBostonain.jpg

Hanover Street/Little Italy/ North End

HanoverStLittleItaly7.jpg

HanoverStLittleItaly.jpg

HanoverStLittleItaly4.jpg

HanoverStLittleItaly2.jpg

HanoverStLittleItaly5.jpg

HanoverStLittleItaly3.jpg

U.S. Coast Guard at end of Hanover Street

USCoastGuardHanoverStN.jpg

Downtown from the North End/ Little Italy

DowntownfromNorthEnd2.jpg

DowntownfromNorthEnd.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, great photo tour! :) Boston is a city I still want to visit (haven't been to New England at all) and plan to do so one day. I used to think it was a very overrated city until I learned more about it. It looks (at least to me) like a city that would have over 1 million people living inside the city limits, but it doesn't. It's gorgeous though.

Boston is an amazing city...and this is coming from someone who will be going to college in NYC next year. Boston has retained that New England feel. The city is a bustle with top notch restaurants, bars, clubs, musuems, shops, hotels, theaters and more.

And yes the Boston hotel scene is very hot in my mind at least. Boston has tons of big name as well as family owned and operated hotels. There are 3 Marriotts, 1 Residence Inn by Marriott, 3 Courtyard by Marriotts, 2 Ritz Carltons, 1 Four Seasons, 2 Westin Hotels, 3 Hiltons, 3 Doubletree by Hilton Hotels, 1 Embassy Suites, 1 Hampton Inn, 3 Best Westerns, 1 Comfort Inn, 1 Clarion Hotel, 2 Holiday Inns, 1 Omni Hotel, 2 Hyatt Hotels, 2 Days Inn, 1 Howard Johnson...plus many more chains I am sure.

There are also many independantly owned and/or operated hotels which is nice to see since some cities have just the big chains. To name a few there is the Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers, Lenox Hotel, Colonnade Hotel, Copley Square Hotel, Nine Zero Hotel, Boston Harbor Hotel, Jury's Boston Hotel, Langham Boston, Charlesmark Hotel, Hotel Commonwealth, Fairmont Copley Plaza, Onyx Hotel, Eliot Hotel, Seaport Hotel, Millenium Bostonian, Harborside Inn, Midtown Hotel, Hotel 140, Chandler Inn, Shawmet Inn, Buckminster Hotel

Wow, great photo tour! :) Boston is a city I still want to visit (haven't been to New England at all) and plan to do so one day. I used to think it was a very overrated city until I learned more about it. It looks (at least to me) like a city that would have over 1 million people living inside the city limits, but it doesn't. It's gorgeous though.

If the city limits were the same geographical area as most cities in the US, Boston would at least have 800 or 900 thousand. The city's land area is 48 square miles, compared to 135 square miles for Philadelphia, 227 for Chicago, and 84 for Seattle.

Cities like Cambridge, Brookline, Somerville, and small parts of Newton resemble Boston's urban character but are independent cities. If Boston were to annex Cambridge, Somerville, and Brookline, the population would be 805,105 and the land area would be 65.7 square miles.

If the city limits were the same geographical area as most cities in the US, Boston would at least have 800 or 900 thousand. The city's land area is 48 square miles, compared to 135 square miles for Philadelphia, 227 for Chicago, and 84 for Seattle.

Cities like Cambridge, Brookline, Somerville, and small parts of Newton resemble Boston's urban character but are independent cities. If Boston were to annex Cambridge, Somerville, and Brookline, the population would be 805,105 and the land area would be 65.7 square miles.

That's impressive. I guess it's less of a strain on infrastructure and essential services if they keep the city limits where they are, though.

Yes many of Boston's surrounding communities such as Cambridge and Newton (these are the ones I can speak for) are very wealthy communities and have parts of town that resemble both Boston and the New England feel. There is a downtown area in Cambridge and in Newton that is mixed use. Cambridge as well as Newton are also both home to many colleges and universities (Harvard, Cambridge College, Lesley University in Cambridge, Mount Ida College, Lasell College in Newton)

Archived