What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBQ

Another weakness of mine...Rudy's BBQ here in town as some of the best BBQ I think I've ever had. I'd love to try some Memphis dry ribs though.

fiancee doing the dishes

Teehee, good man... :rofl:

Stuck in my head: "Last Dance with Mary Jane" - Tom Petty...last song I listened to in the car on my way to school

Edited by FromCityToRural

I'm listening to Tom Petty for about the 50th time today, that new song by him, the one that sounds like a Chris Isaac ripoff. I really like Tom Petty, but I can only take so much of him and Sting per day and that's all this station apparently plays!!!

i love one of his new songs... i can't think of the name of it though...

^ It's probably the one I'm listening to. It really is a great song and at first I was like, wow, this sounds like that Chris Isaac song and I liked it. And then this station proceeds to play it like 25 times in one day and so I'm now I'm going crazy whenever I hear it. I even hate Chris Isaac now.

Anyone else think Dani California and Last Dance with Mary Jane have similar beats? I heard Petty wanted to sue over it. BTW, Tom Petty is the best performer live I've ever seen.

I just listened to Stand Back by Stevie Nicks. I guess I'm man enough to admit that I like her, or maybe just shameless enough...

Anyone else think Dani California and Last Dance with Mary Jane have similar beats? I heard Petty wanted to sue over it. BTW, Tom Petty is the best performer live I've ever seen.

I just listened to Stand Back by Stevie Nicks. I guess I'm man enough to admit that I like her, or maybe just shameless enough...

i liked her before she left fleetwood mac.

and yes, those 2 songs sound almost exactly the same... i heard a morph of the 2 and you couldn't tell the difference.

^ That's amazing. Those two songs do sound identical to one another. I never would have made that connection.

"Stand back, stand back /in the middle of my room, I did not hear from you/ it's alright, it's alright/ to be standing in a line, standing in a line..." oh sorry, yeah, Stevie Nicks is cool. She reminds of that girl from Heart. Yeah, I'm shameless too.

Ironically enough the best song either of them did is their duet "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," at least IMO.

As for the Dani California thing, Petty doesn't want to sue:

In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Petty denied rumors that he planned to sue the Chili Peppers and said "I seriously doubt that there is any negative intent there. And a lot of rock & roll songs sound alike."

As for the thread, right now I'm listening to Goldfrapp - "Twist"

Ironically enough the best song either of them did is their duet "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," at least IMO.

ick... not a fan of that song, but i love petty. saw him on his 30th anniversary tour this summer. stevie was there. i really don't like her. that song live was terrible, but she did sing one of his songs pretty well (i wish i could remember which one).

ick... not a fan of that song, but i love petty. saw him on his 30th anniversary tour this summer. stevie was there. i really don't like her. that song live was terrible, but she did sing one of his songs pretty well (i wish i could remember which one).

diff'rent strokes and all. I'd rather have a flesh eating virus than sit through a phish concert, for instance :P

I love Nicks' raspy voice. I'm such a sucker for those 80's music vidoes too. I'm addicted to Youtube now because of them...

Oh and I guess I'll admit it, I like Heart too. Nothin beats Magic Man, Barracuda or Never...and the videos for them, priceless big-haired girls jammin out!

• 1 month later...

All this political talk and war talk on UP and elsewhere has taken me back to my favorite song, which I have playing through Napster in another window right now.

More Than A Name On A Wall by The Statler Brothers

If this song doesn't choke you up a bit, you're not human. Sometimes it takes a song like this to remind me that I do have a heart afterall.

Edited by SBCmetroguy