NEW YORK [5] Marvellous Views from New Jersey

hkskyline

Today was a very hot day in New York. However, I decided to do a lot of walking under the sun in New Jersey. First stop was Port Imperial right next to the Lincoln Tunnel :

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

The place looks obviously new. However, such a prime site with a full view of Manhattan yet it is a parking lot for the ferries?

IMG_2400.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

Next stop : Lincoln Harbour via the light rail (1 stop away) with a lot of yachts and boats!

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

After a quick stop, I continued southwards on the light rail towards Hoboken :

IMG_2579.jpg

The view here is primarily of Lower Manhattan as opposed to Midtown in the previous two vantage points :

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

Final stop : Exchange Place in Jersey City!

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

There are a lot of new developments on the New Jersey side. I was most impressed with the area south of Hoboken leading to Jersey City. It has become a very vibrant neighborhood with nice housing and a lot of office towers. The waterfront seems well-connected and the view is great!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

When did those go up?

They were completed in 2003. There's an amazing light show you can see there during the holidays. I hear the shops in the first few floors are hot too, but haven't explored them myself.

Here's what Columbus Circle looks like from inside:

360px-ColumbusCirclefromTimeWarnerCenterNYC20050807.jpg

tech1.jpg

The Shops (& escalators to the 59th St ACEBD19 Subway)

020001047606.jpg

And they're plainly visible from the waterfront as you saw before, and Central Park

275px-Central_Park_New_York_Skyline.jpg

Archived