Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rural King

West Tennessee mega-site in the running for new Toyota Plant

4 posts in this topic

Gov. Bredesen has announced that two Tennessee mega-sites have made it onto Toyota's relatively short list of potential sites for their next assembly plant, one of which is the West Tennessee TVA approved mega-site in Crockett County located just northwest of Jackson, TN. Toyota is also looking at building a new engine plant, but it is unclear if the two projects will be linked from the articles I have read.

Of course we are far away from actually being able to speculate that the West Tennessee site might actually be chosen, but this can provide some expectation that if Toyota is putting it on shortened lists that other major manufacturers looking for similar sites will as well, which in turn hopefully sooner or later a major manufacturer is going to pick the site for some sort of operation.

The Governor also acknowledged that the state has being trying to persuage Toyota to built their next plant in Tennessee and cited Tennessee's track record of luring Japanese auto manufacturers and major corporations to the state to set up operations and establish thier corporate headquarters.

The other Tennessee site in the running is the "Enterprise South" site in Chattanooga, which is also a great location.

I will be extremely happy if either site lands the assembly plant, but of course I would much prefer West Tennessee land the facility for obvious reasons. :D

Sources:

Tennessean

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../606190341/1003

the Chattanoogan.com

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_87737.asp

The rumor has it that Toyota has shortened their list for a site for their new assembly plant down to just 2 sites and they're both in Tennessee....The Enterprise South site in Chattanooga and the TVA mega site in Crockett County in West Tennessee. Here's hoping that this rumor proves true. If Chattanooga doesn't get it, I sure hope that West Tennessee does.

The rumor has it that Toyota has shortened their list for a site for their new assembly plant down to just 2 sites and they're both in Tennessee....The Enterprise South site in Chattanooga and the TVA mega site in Crockett County in West Tennessee. Here's hoping that this rumor proves true. If Chattanooga doesn't get it, I sure hope that West Tennessee does.

So San Antonio is out? They've been really puffing their chests out at the possibility of an quick expansion. I don't really doubt an expansion is in their future eventually. I'd be very glad to see Tennessee secure this.

^As I stated in an East TN thread, this is fantastic news if true!!!

I am extremely glad that we live in a state that is striving and clearly succeeding in making itself attractive to major industrial employers. The success our sites have made in gaining the attention of major auto manufacturers is very reassuring to me.

As I have said before, I believe it's just a matter of time before both sites land major industrial plants. Hopefully the only hard part will be waiting to see who locates what where.