Grandville Ave.

GrSportsGuy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain why the Grandville Ave. has never been repaired in front of the Rapid Central Station. Boy, it sure makes a great first impression for visitors. It looks like a war zone.

I don't think a lot of visitors see Grandville, do they? I don't know a lot of people who arrive here by train or Greyhound.

I think it's slated to be rebuilt in the near future, I think in 07?

I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt until I see a better rendering. I kind of like that one. I don't remember hearing that it was going in there. I'm sure it's just one of the Many "new apartment" threads out there.

It shouldn't be too bad if they work on that first floor wall. Transparency is the key. The only knock I have against it is the parking lot that is part of the development. I realize that the residence have to park somewhere, but why not do it like they are building at Icon and put it under the building. Just a thought.

Can someone explain why the Grandville Ave. has never been repaired in front of the Rapid Central Station. Boy, it sure makes a great first impression for visitors. It looks like a war zone.

There are plans of re-surfacing the road. The city also plans on incorporating a streetscaping program to help beautify the area a little more... The project is fully funded and was supposed get underway sometime soon... Steve Hitch at the city is heading the project.

best,

It shouldn't be too bad if they work on that first floor wall. Transparency is the key. The only knock I have against it is the parking lot that is part of the development. I realize that the residence have to park somewhere, but why not do it like they are building at Icon and put it under the building. Just a thought.

Most of the parking is under the building on the first floor Prankster:

97319285_6f4fd7b8ed_o.jpg

(the area outlined in black)

I dont think it looks all that bad we cant aways get what we want but it would be nice if first floor retail could be apart of this. I mean im sure once people come from a long bus ride they are wanna get something to eat thats close by but the rendering isnt all that bad. Why is Moch suddenly intrested in building downtown he hasn't even finished his first building yet <_<

Why is Moch suddenly intrested in building downtown he hasn't even finished his first building yet <_<

Yeah, the Van Andels/Devos's shouldn't start the Van Andel Institute or the Children's Hospital until they finish the Marriott. Is that how it goes? :lol:

Yeah, the Van Andels/Devos's shouldn't start the Van Andel Institute or the Children's Hospital until they finish the Marriott. Is that how it goes? :lol:

I sometimes start and finish my dessert before I eat dinner. Even so, I always eat and finish my dinner.

I sometimes start and finish my dessert before I eat dinner. Even so, I always eat and finish my dinner.

:huh: So you're saying they SHOULD wait to start the VAI Phase II and the Children's Hospital? Or developers should do one project at a time?

I'm so confused (and now getting hungry).

:huh: So you're saying they SHOULD wait to start the VAI Phase II and the Children's Hospital? Or developers should do one project at a time?

I'm so confused (and now getting hungry).

It has been a long day and I am starving.

Obviously the DeVos/VanAndel people have demonstrated they can tackle multiple projects at once.

The Moch's? I guess it depends on the teamof developers. I like to give anyone the benefit of doubt but this is their first development venture, correct? Do they have a team of seasoned consultants? I am just saying this because I don't know. Looking at each of their resumes I did not see any development experience.

Just saying that there is nothing wrong with eating your dessert first, if you can finish your dinner.

Some people have to wait until dinner is done for dessert.

Ok, I need to eat something soon...

It has been a long day and I am starving.

Obviously the DeVos/VanAndel people have demonstrated they can tackle multiple projects at once.

The Moch's? I guess it depends on the teamof developers. I like to give anyone the benefit of doubt but this is their first development venture, correct? Do they have a team of seasoned consultants? I am just saying this because I don't know. Looking at each of their resumes I did not see any development experience.

Just saying that there is nothing wrong with eating your dessert first, if you can finish your dinner.

Some people have to wait until dinner is done for dessert.

Ok, I need to eat something soon...

:lol: Me too.

I think the Grandville Ave paving topic has drifted a bit off.

You must be from the camp that doesn't want to see more development downtown.

Let me just put it this way:

We need more development, quicker! And not from the same old camps (Devos, Van Andel, Rockford). The momentum is now. And I definitely think there is a market for apartments since 230 of them are coming off the market at the Boardwalk.

I think your criticisms are unfounded. I don't care if Mark London builds an apartment or condo building. If the banks will fund it, do it!

You must be from the camp that doesn't want to see more development downtown.

Let me just put it this way:

We need more development, quicker! And not from the same old camps (Devos, Van Andel, Rockford). The momentum is now. And I definitely think there is a market for apartments since 230 of them are coming off the market at the Boardwalk.

I think your criticisms are unfounded. I don't care if Mark London builds an apartment or condo building. If the banks will fund it, do it!

:yahoo::yahoo: I like that attitude!

Archived