San Juan Metro Construction Projects Rundown:

104878667_5b48f99b9c_o.jpg

Current Statistics of buildings 12 stories or higher:

[1] 329 Completed (approx.)

[2] 9 U/C

[3] 1 Approved

[4] 3 U/Reconstruction

Most Recently Completed:

[1] The Excelsior Tower @ 182 ft. (2005)

Under Construction:

[1] Coliseum Tower Residences @ 259 ft.

[2] Torre del Cardenal @ 192 ft.

[3] Caribe Plaza @ 21 stories

[4] Torre Laguna @ 18 stories

[5] Torre Ponce de Leon @ 18 stories

[6] Carrion Court Ocean @ 17 stories

[7] Nacar Tower @ 16 stories (2007)

[8] Vistas de la Laguna @ 14 stories (2005/2006?) *This may have been completed by now.

[9] Regency Park @ 20 stories in Guaynabo

Approved:

[1] Coliseum Plaza 1 @ 279 ft.

Reconstruction:

[1] Plaza de Diego @ 185 ft.

[2] La Concha Hotel @ 143 ft.

[3] Condado Vanderbilt @ 12 stories

• 1 month later...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^That's what i was thinking too because in the most recent pics i've seen of San Juan there are a lot of cranes in the pictures but i don't know what projects they are? BTW if you have any pics or info about PR that you would like to share please do see. This forum could use more PR representation.

The tallest building is like 36 floors..I understand if theres a limit for buildings close to airports but there should be no limit if its not close to it or its routes(?)...

I just read an article that says there are plans right now to make a 50 story building in the Condado Area right where the Pueblo supermarket is.

Edited by Rican427

DreamerGuy, thanks for the updates but you're right emporis doesn't allow hotlinking, although, they used to when they weren't into making profit. :(

According to Emporis the tallest building in San Juan will be the approved Coliseum Plaza 1 @ 85 meters/ 279 ft. the next tallest U/C @ 259 ft. and the tallest currently @ 257 ft. which to me is very surprising. I thought Honolulu had strict height limits but San Juan's is even stricter if the data is correct. <_<

This is good news. San Juan has a nice amount of density so some taller buildings will really make the skyline stand out. I think Honolulu's skyline has way too many buildings of similar heights so its starting to look more like a wall. The only thing saving the skyline is the variety of styles, mainly outside of Waikiki. There's a lot more glass facades skyscrapers going up then ever before.

Can anyone look out for info for a new building going to Hato Rey called Kalaf 33. Right now Puerto Rico's Department of Education HQ is located in the site but they will add a new 30 stories residential and commercial tower and will "upgrade" the existing building, but since I don't know how to post pics in the forum I can't post the article. BTW I live in Mayaguez and yes among PR's big cities in one of the less developed (Although Arecibo is behind by far) but I hope that is gonna change soon because of the Central American and Caribbean Games in 2010. They are planning to build new hotels, sports facilities, highways, new commercial areas and are planning to develop Mayaguez Port so cruises can visit the city. Changing the topic I have pictures of Mayaguez Skyline but since I don't know how to post them I'll see how I manage to show them to you. Among construction projects in Mayaguez there's Altobello, a 17 stories residential building located near Grande Shopping Center. As soon as I find out how to post pics I'll post them.

Easy, to upload photos you must upload them to a server (like www.imageshack.us ) and then put the picture's link between the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags (without the spaces between [ and the word "img".

Tambien cuando vas a postear una respuesta, aparece un cuadrito con un arbol, le haces click y te aparecera un pop up pidiendote la url (link) de la imagen, lo pones y aparecera ya todo hecho. Es facil.

Arecibos downtown is less developed than Mayaguez but the rest is more developed than Mayaguez.

I think Altobello hasn't even started...

I've been living in Mayaguez during four years because Im a student at UPRM but I used to live in Camuy (a couple of minutes west of Arecibo, for those who dont know about) and well... been in both places for such a long time I could say Mayaguez is by far more developed than Arecibo, downtown or anywhere else inside the municipality. The only advantage Arecibo has is that you can get to it using Highway 2 or expressway 22 but in terms of commercial, residential and industrial development, Mayaguez is way ahead. Although in population both are similar, Mayaguez urban area is larger and more developed maybe because there are more and larger universities than in Arecibo. Also I have to mention that nearby towns such Hatillo, Barceloneta and Manati have been growing faster than Arecibo itself in the last decade moving out developments to the respective towns.

...and about Altobello yeah you are right, it hasn't started yet but is a new project going on in Mayaguez so I mentioned it. Thx for the reply

Easy, to upload photos you must upload them to a server (like www.imageshack.us ) and then put the picture's link between the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags (without the spaces between [ and the word "img".

Tambien cuando vas a postear una respuesta, aparece un cuadrito con un arbol, le haces click y te aparecera un pop up pidiendote la url (link) de la imagen, lo pones y aparecera ya todo hecho. Es facil.

Thanks for the info, a ver si puedo postear par de fotos