Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sd_urban

Incredible Pics of Downtown San Diego

17 posts in this topic

No doubt, those are incredible photos. Having never been to San Diego, this is one of the only times I've ever (knowingly) seen photos of the city. Very impressive. I especially like that building with the two twin, black towers (condos, maybe?) and the palm-lined boulevard!!

Beautiful City! I can't wait to go out there again and take in a game at Petco Park. The area around that ballpark has just seen an AMAZING transformation.

Those are some amazing photos. San Diego looks like a really cool city, I must make plans to visit soon.

Yes very nice pics. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the skyline.

No doubt, those are incredible photos. Having never been to San Diego, this is one of the only times I've ever (knowingly) seen photos of the city. Very impressive. I especially like that building with the two twin, black towers (condos, maybe?) and the palm-lined boulevard!!

Those twins are the 424-foot Harbor Club Condos and they've been there since the early '90's. It's still a prime address to have today.

The area around that ballpark has just seen an AMAZING transformation.

For sure. Even with a slowdown of newer proposals, there are more projects set to break ground by the end of the year, which means more cranes in sky :)

Those twins are the 424-foot Harbor Club Condos and they've been there since the early '90's. It's still a prime address to have today.

For sure. Even with a slowdown of newer proposals, there are more projects set to break ground by the end of the year, which means more cranes in sky :)

Hey sd urban,

Fellow San Diegan, Great shots! It really shows the incredible growth downtown we have been experiencing. I live about a mile from downtown (South Park-get it?) and take walks there about every week- and find myself almost lost with the new landmarks that seem to have come from nowhere. It has been very exciting to see the transformation happening.

I don't know how long you've been here but do you remember when the Harbor Club was first built and they couldn't give those condos away? Had about 5 tenants in the whole complex for about three years. The newspaper ran a story about one of the guys taking out the trash in the nude because there was no one else in the building- and throwing really loud parties. Everyone thought that nobody would ever want to live downtown. Now the city is happening enough that seems like everyone wants to move from the 'burbs to down here. The Ballpark and surrounding area are the best- going to a game on Friday. Go Padres!

It is great that you are able to share these photos of our finally up and coming city.

Thanks

Beautiful photos!

Sheesh! I'm gone from SD for a little under a year, and new towers are already rising high up when they were just a few pieces of steel sticking out of the ground when I was last there

Great photos. SD is really nice. Best looking city in California IMO. Proof that you don't have to have a super-tall to make a nice skyline. Looks like they are going thru a construction boom around the ball park. I really like the newer architecture. Their natural harbor is really cool too !

Great comments, All. It's good see other enjoy the pics as much as me. :)

I don't know how long you've been here but do you remember when the Harbor Club was first built and they couldn't give those condos away? Had about 5 tenants in the whole complex for about three years. The newspaper ran a story about one of the guys taking out the trash in the nude because there was no one else in the building- and throwing really loud parties. Everyone thought that nobody would ever want to live downtown. Now the city is happening enough that seems like everyone wants to move from the 'burbs to down here. The Ballpark and surrounding area are the best- going to a game on Friday. Go Padres!

Finally, another San Diego forumer! :thumbsup:

I'm a native, and remember the Harbor Club situation described above. My have things changed downtown. If I weren't living in Kensington, I'd be your neighbor in South Park. I love that neighborhood!

This post has been updated to include even MORE awesome pics. Check them out again!!

IMG_5355_sized.jpg

IMG_5349_sized.jpg

IMG_5344_sized.jpg

IMG_5350_sized.jpg

IMG_5357_sized.jpg

IMG_5359_sized.jpg

IMG_5377_sized.jpg

IMG_5379_sized.jpg

IMG_5442_sized.jpg

IMG_5392_sized.jpg

IMG_5396_sized.jpg

IMG_5399_sized.jpg

IMG_5404_sized.jpg

IMG_5406_sized.jpg

IMG_5411_sized.jpg

IMG_5413_sized.jpg

IMG_5423_sized.jpg

IMG_5452_sized.jpg

IMG_5461_sized.jpg

IMG_5464_sized.jpg

IMG_5467_sized.jpg

IMG_5469_sized.jpg

IMG_5477_sized.jpg

IMG_5482_sized.jpg

IMG_5483_sized.jpg

I can just see the roof of my house in one picture!

The best shot-Balboa Park Museums/Trees and the skyline, harbor, North Island military base and then the ocean in the background-quintessential San Diego

^^It's cool you can see your house!

Here's the final batch-

img_5383_sized.jpg

img_5360_sized.jpg

img_5352_sized.jpg

img_5347_sized.jpg

img_5343_sized.jpg

img_5339_sized.jpg

img_5334_sized.jpg

img_5325_sized.jpg

img_5323_sized.jpg

img_5320_sized.jpg