Gaylord

ZachariahDaMan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice photos of gaylord -- btw, that water looks nice and refreshing, but im sure its still very chilly! even though that duck looks pretty content.

Thanks. I couldn't believe how clear the water looked up there. We didn't swim in it though. In Waters there is a clubhouse with a nice pool that we swam at.

it is "the Alpine Vilage" :)

And that's a requirement in the city code for downtown structures. Interestingly, looks like several buildings got grandfathered in.

On a business trip in January my group went to Gaylord one day and Frankenmuth the next. I like those billboard signs with the pitched roof, but imagine they would be laughed out of a real Alpine burg.

edited for spelling after I cleaned my glasses!

Gaylord is near my hometown. My dad has to travel there a lot for work. It serves as a regional hub for a lot of Northern Michigan. I hope to pass through it at some point this summer. I haven't been there in a while. It's also where the Archdioscese for Northern Michigan is, so I've visited the cathedral there a bunch of times.

Archived