The Watermark

Topher1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

while i was downtown i noticed the area for the condos was block off by gates. Is was dark so i was wondering has construction started on this project or when will it start? Also there is a crane i think off broad st near a mural on a wall. Does anybody know what there bulding?

while i was downtown i noticed the area for the condos was block off by gates. Is was dark so i was wondering has construction started on this project or when will it start? Also there is a crane i think off broad st near a mural on a wall. Does anybody know what there bulding?

• 5 months later...

Downtown Augusta is continuing to get bigger and bigger with new projects everyday. I wonder what richmond county population will be in 2 or so years. With downtown adding the condos, the whites bulding, plus the new neighborhoods being built in west augusta on belair rd/jimmie dyess. There is alot of new neighborhoods also being built in south augusta in the hephzibah, blythe, mcbean area.

The land for the condos has been cleaned up now construction can begin. The plan is still for 2 10ft condos, but now instead of 1 hotel it will be 2 or 3 hotels according to the developer. Also there will be a office mix-used building on the site. The old train depot will be rennovated into stores like kinkos, starbucks, & others along with a resturant. Construction is set to begin in january of 08

I found a decent amount of info on this project on the DDA website. This has been posted very recently, so it seems like the progress is legit. The DDA website is

DDA website

We're not looking at tall buildings unfortunately, but rather a very dense, midrise siteplan broken up into multiple blocks. Also, only one hotel is shown on the siteplan, so some changes will occur, I'd imagine, to accomodate a 2nd (maybe a little more height I hope?)... Either way, this density will be great for the 5th St. entrance to the city.

The stats:

-2 levels of parking, both underground/hidden (yay!). 650 structured spots, 85 on-street

-Condos: Looks like 3 separate buildings, 4 stories apiece. 180-190 units

-Hotel: 5 stories

-Office: 3 stories, 60,000 s.f.

-The depot stays (as reported before, Starbucks and Kinkos so far)

The siteplan appears to have pedestrian interactivity on ALL corridors, including the Riverwalk. Also 1st floor condos have street entrances rather than a common lobby entrance.

I'd post a few screenshots but I'm having trouble getting into imageshack... The PDF has a lot of siteplan/elevation info.

PDF of siteplan

Archived