Bellevue - Neiman Marcus to anchor The Bravern

Sundodger

Big spenders on Eastside draw Neiman Marcus back

The 125,000-square-foot store, scheduled to open in March 2009, will anchor the retail segment of The Bravern. The project is slated to include other retail space and high-end boutiques. Two "grand arrival courts" on 110th Avenue Northeast and Northeast Eighth Street will serve shoppers with valet parking.

2003072471.gif

The Bravern:

2002927240.jpg

rendering-northwest-lg.jpg

rendering-plaza-lg.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I have lived in Western Washington for 3-4 years-in Bellingham. I have never understood why the Neiman Marcus in downtown Seattle went out of business. In addition, knowing that downtown Portland has had a Saks Fifth Avenue for years, why Seattle couldn't support one. I am from Atlanta-they have had a Neiman Marcus since 1972 and a Saks since 1969 and a Nordstrom since 2001-I think. Portland has had a Saks for quite a while. Why not Seattle? Seattle is understored. I am happy that Seattle is getting a new, full scale Neimans in Bellevue. What about Saks? Quite frankly, Nordstrom does not compare with Saks or Neimans. When will Ssks appear in Seattle, considering that Portland has had a Saks for years?

I have lived in Western Washington for 3-4 years-in Bellingham. I have never understood why the Neiman Marcus in downtown Seattle went out of business. In addition, knowing that downtown Portland has had a Saks Fifth Avenue for years, why Seattle couldn't support one. I am from Atlanta-they have had a Neiman Marcus since 1972 and a Saks since 1969 and a Nordstrom since 2001-I think. Portland has had a Saks for quite a while. Why not Seattle? Seattle is understored. I am happy that Seattle is getting a new, full scale Neimans in Bellevue. What about Saks? Quite frankly, Nordstrom does not compare with Saks or Neimans. When will Ssks appear in Seattle, considering that Portland has had a Saks for years?

It probaly won't be too much longer. Supposedly, Saks will anchor the new retail/hotel/condo development at 2nd and Pine. I'm not sure if the 'official' announcement has been made, but the developer was quoted in the paper a few months ago with this news.

One reason for Sak's absense could be downtown Seattle's expensive real estate market. It's probably not been easy or cheap to put together an appropriate project.

BTW, Saks almost signed a lease to take over the vacant Frederick and Nelson space in Bellevue Square in the 90s. The mall developer cancelled negotiations at the last minute when they revised downward their projected sales for the proposed store. Kemper Freeman figured he could make more money by turning the space into smaller stores, and was probably right.

Thats odd that Seattle has neither Saks nor Neimans, especially since it can support a Barneys store which most market cant. But this is exciting news, especially since its a larger Neimans than most (most around 100,000).

The renderings for it look really nice.

Archived