Nissan Headquarters Sign

bnaflyer

Walking to lunch today I was surprised to see a new sign in front of the BellSouth Building that says "Nissan USA North American Headquarters" ! Someone with better skills than I should post a picture.

If only it were the permanent headquarters....Oh well, we should enjoy it downtown while it lasts. It was pretty exciting to see....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I really don't like what I see. It looks like McEwen Drive just cuts through some of the most beautiful land in Franklin. Hopefully it doesn't become too developed.

But about the Nissan plan, will all that area in front of the building be developed, or does Nissan plan to keep it green? And what is that whole area across the street from Nissan? It looks like two office buildings surrounded by a huge parking lot, but what are the office buildings for?

Oh, I really don't like what I see. It looks like McEwen Drive just cuts through some of the most beautiful land in Franklin. Hopefully it doesn't become too developed.

But about the Nissan plan, will all that area in front of the building be developed, or does Nissan plan to keep it green? And what is that whole area across the street from Nissan? It looks like two office buildings surrounded by a huge parking lot, but what are the office buildings for?

Yeah, it is kinda sad that the land will be developed, but we have plenty of open space...just drive around. Nissan plans to keep the green space to allow community events, and a green buffer between them and the road. The building is also eco-neutral so it's just like an Williamson Co Open field....or so they claim. I know that Community Health Systems is going someplace nearby so the buildings across the street could be them, although I think they may be the lot at the intersection of CSB and Carothers Blvd. I do think the McEwen interchange has been the fastest road project I've ever seen, especially after the Nissan announcement. Money talks I guess

Yeah, it is kinda sad that the land will be developed, but we have plenty of open space...just drive around. Nissan plans to keep the green space to allow community events, and a green buffer between them and the road. The building is also eco-neutral so it's just like an Williamson Co Open field....or so they claim. I know that Community Health Systems is going someplace nearby so the buildings across the street could be them, although I think they may be the lot at the intersection of CSB and Carothers Blvd. I do think the McEwen interchange has been the fastest road project I've ever seen, especially after the Nissan announcement. Money talks I guess

Yes the 'desired' setback from I-65 in connection w/ bldg height resulted in the green space between I-65 and the bldg. As for the community events....ok, sure

CHS will go in Highwoods IV or III at the corner. H III is nearly complete, but I haven't heard when IV will begin (< 1 year?) due to slow demand (yes, it's true...)

Actually, the McEwen interchange is going at barely average speed; no significant delays that I've heard of. It is the first step required for the Carothers Blvd extension project, it's been budgeted long (years) ago. However, it will be interesting to see if all is completed in the 2 yr time span allowed

Cheerio, the 2 bldgs accross the street are Cresent VIII and IX (hope I got the numbers right). The steel frame for VIII has been up for some time now, while I had last heard that IX is scheduled to start in Dec/Jan

I still think that whole area is a posterboard example of why differnent developers/architects should be required in an area - all the Cresent bldgs are nearly identical and same for Highwoods. one bldg - Nice! two bldgs - OK!, three bldgs - errrrrrr....., four+ bldgs - BLAH!!!

cool springs it self was once the most beautiful land in Franklin.

this land was bound to be crapped on sooner or later.

• 1 year later...

At least it is on the other side of I-65 from Centennial High School. Perhaps it would be in the best interest of Nissan to make a long term commitment to Alternative Fuel/Automotive Engineering AND Driver Responsibility Programs at CHS. Long Term meaning 100% funded for 12 years - 3 graduation rotations... Perhaps in that length of time we can insert drivers into Williamson County who understand that driving a mountian terrain vechicle on a flat interstate at LEAST 15 mph over the speed limit isn't exactly GOOD for the rolling hills of Tennessee...

Oh the plan is ok. I just wish they had retro fitted one of the dead industrial zones in Davidson County. Since Williamson County and others are just mere satellites to Nashville I suppose it is better to have all that mess WAY OUT THERE!

Link to Nashville Growth in the Tennessean: http://www.tennessean.com/graphics/SPECIAL...0_growthmap.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived