In n' Out in Arizona

colin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The saga continues. I have the feeling that the other location on Cortaro will be opening quicker than the corporate office had intended. They misunderestimated how many of us here in Tucson actually make it a point to stop at In n' Out when near one and have been waiting for years for them to build one here.

In-N-Out managers surprised by the turnout

marana?! strange.

of course this thing opens after i'm out of state! i was told about the long line from a friend who drove past around 11:30. i love in 'n' out, but i won't wait in line for any restaurant unless i'm at someone else's mercy...but if i were going to wait in line, in 'n' out would be on my short list.

never heard of animal' style...i'll be trying that when i'm near an in 'n' out again.

The line was crazy!!

I drove by at 10:50am and the line was 60-100 people far out the door.

I drove by at 9:30pm and the line was 50-80 people far out the door.

Reading about it makes me want to get In n' Out, but I'll just get it in Phoenix. At least they don't have ridiculous lines.

Yeah, the Marana location is a long-standing rumor and that has been semi-confirmed by the Daily Star. It's on Cortaro right by that ridiculous Wal-Mart Super Center. When they put up Hot Dog Heaven a few years ago people thought it was going to be In n' Out before the sign went up.

• 3 months later...

So I finally got the chance to get to the Tucson In n' Out last week. I have to say, although I may be biased, it was the best In n' Out I've had yet. Burgers, fries, and even the soda: excellent. The line is still there, but I went at about 8:30 on a weekday and it wasn't terrible.

But the big news: they're finally doing something with the old Krispy Kreme at El Con. This week, a Chick-Fil-A sign went up. This is especially big news in Tucson since it will be our first stand-alone Chick-Fil-A franchise.

How long will it take? Nothing's started yet, but I would imagine that they have quite a bit to redo on the inside since Chick-Fil-A's are quite different from Krispy Kremes.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to mention the latest In n' Out addition, even though it opened last week.

The Tucson area's second location is now open in Marana at the corner of Arizona Pavillions and Cortaro Farms Road, about 1/2 miles west of I-10. I actually tried to go about the third night they were opened and they had some sort of crazy parking lot arrangement set up, probably in response to what happened when the first opened at El Con.

• 4 weeks later...

from all i've heard, the lines at broadway haven't abated since day one. we went there xmas eve after disccovering our first choice - eegee's - closed at 6 (we got there 5 minutes too late), and i was surprised to find the place semi-uncrowded. we were...in and out...in 20 minutes. it wasn't dead; just about as busy as you'd expect any other fast-food place to be.

haven't heard how the marana location is doing.

Tucson Weekly published there "Get Out of Town" issue a couple of weeks ago, and one of them was the people in the drive-thru for the In n' Out on Broadway. I think that they were just jealous though.

The only time I went, about two weeks after it opened, I was in and out in about ten minutes, but that was at like 9pm on a Tuesday. Even though it's been open for several months, the thrill hasn't seem to have worn off. The worst time to go though, of course, is lunch or dinner. Then it's just crazy.

That's good though.

I was surprised more stuff wasn't open on Christmas Day. Walgreens and CVS opened early, but food seemed to all be closed. I went up into the Catalinas and thought that, by the time we came back, things would be open again, but that was totally wrong. It was basically Jack in the Box (the Star did two articles on them being open) and that 24-hour taco shop on Campbell.

^ that's funny; we ended up driving around looking for somewhere to eat on xmas as well. we ended up just going to the chevron at the corner of camp lowell & swan and just kinda hanging out and munching for a while - the cashier people there are so nice it's better than table service at most restaurants just to talk to them. i love that little leprechaun guy who works there.

we're moving to a house across from a catholic church in the country club - ft. lowell area. not too many places to eat in walking distance from that, but i'm planning to do some walking around exploration once this DAMN frigid weather abates. 40 degrees & windy here feels much, much colder than 40 degrees & windy back east.

There are a couple of places in that Winterhaven shopping center. And, even though it doesn't look like it, Danny's Baboquivari is a decent bar, although the beer selection sucks.

Good neighborhood, at least. And you'll be close to Winterhaven for the lights.

Archived