Terrazzo to be LEED Certified

SoundScan

Just a little FYI. The Terrazzo project is breaking ground June 27th, and will be Nashville's first LEED-certified residential building. They are pursuing a LEED Silver Certification level.

For those of you who don't know, LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, and is a product of the U.S. Green Building Council. For more info:

http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CategoryID=19

-Sean

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little FYI. The Terrazzo project is breaking ground June 27th, and will be Nashville's first LEED-certified residential building. They are pursuing a LEED Silver Certification level.

For those of you who don't know, LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, and is a product of the U.S. Green Building Council. For more info:

http://www.usgbc.org/DisplayPage.aspx?CategoryID=19

-Sean

Very interesting information. I'm quite surprised that this project will be LEED certified. I wonder how much this will add to construction costs. On the other hand, I would assume the condos will be very energy efficient.

I actually went to a seminar on LEED certification. The up-front costs are usually a bit higher, but not as much as you would think. Typically the projects make up alot of those costs in 5 years from different efficiencies that are built into the process. However, since the guidelines are not specific as to all products or methods of building, the benefits can vary by projects.

Archived