NY Times features Nashville condo giants

smeagolsfree

An article from the NY Times. You may have to register to see the article. Registration is free. It mentions The Signature, Tony Giarratana, the Gulch, Bristol development, etc. This is great exposure for Nashville on an international level. Millions read this paper around the world and will do much to put us even more on the map of recognition for development.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/21/realesta...ville.html?_r=1

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a very well written article. Just think, that's in New York and they wrote a better article about the Nashville downtown development/residential market than even our own Tennessean! What a shame...

I'm happy for the positive press, though. Watching "The Fabulous Life: Insane Celebrity Real Estate" on VH1, I began to wonder if any celebs that are fond of or frequent Nashville would buy into any of these new developments.

I agree that this article is very special. It's fantastic PR for Nashville and will be read by people all over the country and around the world. It's full of praise and good cheer. I too am very intrigued about the "Velocity" announcement in no more than two months. Based on the astounding success of the Icon project, I've got great hopes for this one and look forward to it with great anticipation. I really hope this project has a huge amount of retail associated with it.

I Believe the sliver building will be a crossland project. This will be another Bristol project. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct and the Crosland project is not that large on the scale of the other projects in the Gulch,(only 30 units). I would suspect this project will be a multi hundred unit building.

We've been hearing rumors about a 40+ story mega project in the gulch for some time now. Doorman heard something first hand, others have, and so have I by a good friend who is in campus development at Vandy (he has a direct network with all regional construction companies). I had heard about a hotel component, but that was before W started working on their plans and TG and others. But I'd be surprised if it contains a hotel. However, I'd expect retail.

This will be exciting to say the least. You guys have to realize that if all the projects that have been announced and the ones already in the works that there could be upwards of 30 cranes in the sky next year. I say that because of all that is currently going on and projects that have a firm go ahead. Projects such as the stadium and Rolling Mill hill will have as many as 5 cranes each based on the number of building going up.

As for the mystery project in the gulch, I would bet there will be a very large retail component to it along with some commercial office space as well.

I'm not sure, as I've also been wondering why, if the Viridian is 100% sold, the Viridian sales center is still open. Why would they be paying to operate a sales center if all units were sold?

Novare has reported to its private placement investors that V is sold out so I think it's safe to say that it's true. Also, even though they're sold out there's still much to do not the least of which is coordinating owner walk through inspections prior to closings. The sales center can also facilitate resales subsequent to closings for people who purchased for investment/flip.

OK... I really don't know why that would be the case, but I'll throw out a couple of possibilities.

1. Many people (lots who don't know Viridian is sold out) may still come by and inquire about units. This would be an opportunity to shift their interest to Encore and/or Signature (or any other project TG has).

2. They signed a lease that isn't expired yet. So they're using the space as overflow office space for their agents.

3. Haven't sold all units in Viridian. Or they're helping investors who want to flip their units.

4. Any combo of the above.

That's just a sample of any number of reasons they still have a sales office open.

OK... I really don't know why that would be the case, but I'll throw out a couple of possibilities.

1. Many people (lots who don't know Viridian is sold out) may still come by and inquire about units. This would be an opportunity to shift their interest to Encore and/or Signature (or any other project TG has).

2. They signed a lease that isn't expired yet. So they're using the space as overflow office space for their agents.

3. Haven't sold all units in Viridian. Or they're helping investors who want to flip their units.

4. Any combo of the above.

That's just a sample of any number of reasons they still have a sales office open.

Good summary of the possibilities. And I note that the Virdian website says "Sold Out" Visit the Sales Center for our Backup List". If it truly was not sold out, I don't think they would be discouraging potential buyers. So this probably was an error by the Times. I'm just always alert for hype by developers so I tend to be skeptical!

Archived