10 story condo planned near Opryland

smeagolsfree

From the Tennessean this morning. It seems that the condo craze is continuing in the outlying areas of Nashville. This one on the river close to Opryland. Don't forget the Braxton in Ashland City. I would bet there will be others being announced soon.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl...ESS01/606210378

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand the attitude that if it sounds European it must be better. Same with spelling town "towne" and point "pointe"

Yes, I'm glad I'm not the only person that feels that way! :thumbsup:

To me, "LeRivage" just makes it sound less classy, rather than giving it more class and distinction.

It makes me think of a "pay by the week" motel on Dickerson Road or something.

In what might appear to be an abrupt departure from the norm lately, let me say something positive on this forum.

I think it's great that the river is being rediscovered. It's taken what, 200 years before a resettlement is beginning to happen? With Brax, Cumberland Yacht and now this, I hope that the river will be appreciated more and more. The public needs to know that the Cumberland is now, or soon will be cleaner, than anytime in recent memory due to some very calculated efforts. It's soon to be a waterway we can be proud to have again.

Look on the bright side. I personally don't care what they call this development. I call it overdue river awareness. Let's hope these developments are successful and able to provide some true momentum in rebuilding positive attitudes regarding the Cumberland River.

In what might appear to be an abrupt departure from the norm lately, let me say something positive on this forum.

I think it's great that the river is being rediscovered. It's taken what, 200 years before a resettlement is beginning to happen? With Brax, Cumberland Yacht and now this, I hope that the river will be appreciated more and more. The public needs to know that the Cumberland is now, or soon will be cleaner, than anytime in recent memory due to some very calculated efforts. It's soon to be a waterway we can be proud to have again.

Look on the bright side. I personally don't care what they call this development. I call it overdue river awareness. Let's hope these developments are successful and able to provide some true momentum in rebuilding positive attitudes regarding the Cumberland River.

Amen to that dave. I too am excited to see the rediscovery of the river! :yahoo: I hope that my criticism was not interpreted that I am not glad that this project and others like it are happening. This is a GREAT move for the Opryland area, and for our city!

I agree with you on being excited about rediscovering the river in any area of Nashville. However, I would LOVE :wub: to see some of these projects downtown. The East Bank could be a great urban community that is oriented largely to the river. Something along the lines of Baltimore's Inner Harbor or Boston's Long Whart (just got back from there this weekend, really great study on a successful riverfront!) would just be an amazing and exciting contrast to the CBD. Any takers among the developers? :D (I know Streuver has some great experience in this area)

My prediction for the future of the East Bank is one of residential and commercial. At some point, PCS is going to move, probably due to public pressure and the irresitable property values that will continue to rise as the city across the river is redefined. The Plan of Nashville had some excellent ideas and examples. Hopefully, when some of the current projects near completion, the East Bank will again be in the pipeline. Having "cool" on both sides of the river just couldn't please me more.

When you think about it, afterall these projects we've talked about have come to fruition, this city is going to be practically a brand new, exciting place. After this happens, I imagine national developers will sit up and take notice. To do the East Bank right will require deep pockets, but they're out there. The cards seem to be lining up just right. I wish I had a time machine that could take me 5-10 years into the future. What a photo thread that would be.

• 3 weeks later...

..."LeRivage" just makes it sound less classy, rather than giving it more class and distinction.

It makes me think of a "pay by the week" motel on Dickerson Road or something.

LOL @ Dickerson Road! The remarkable thing about Dickerson Road is that there are no daily rates at those hotels...only hourly or weekly. Dickerson Road is my favorite road in Nashville!

LOL @ Dickerson Road! The remarkable thing about Dickerson Road is that there are no daily rates at those hotels...only hourly or weekly. Dickerson Road is my favorite road in Nashville!

I think tomorrow's City Paper headline will read "Don't have sex with Kheldane, by order of public health dept!"

• 11 months later...

I was thinking about this one the other day. I think it may be a dead project after doing a google on it, unless they changed the name. It is not under construction to my knowledge. Someone else may know better but I have not heard anything about it after it was first announced.

I did find one other article about this and it stated that the sales effort was to start last August. Nothing since then.

Remember there are two other projects going on the river with Cumberland Yacht harbor and Harpeth Shoals with only one of them under construction and it is a little over 60% sold. Cumberland yacht Harbor only had 42 or so reserved last year and nothing has started there yet. I think maybe 3 projects are a little too much for the market to handle.

I think it is dead because I was talking to a friend a couple weeks ago (a friend who works at opryland) about condo's out there and he said the only one he heard about had fallen through - although I had completely forgotten about this thread and "LeRivage" at the time we discussed it. Now it makes sense...

Archived