New 44 Story Tower Rumor

Yankee Fan

Does anyone know why Visteon isn't on here? Aren't they to Ford what Delphi is to GM?

Visteon is #6 ;) you missed it, theres three more companies above "THE FREE PRESS 50"

it should look like this:

1. GM (Detroit) - $192B

2. Ford (Dearborn) - $172B

3. Dow (Midland) - $46B

4. Delphi (Troy) - $27B

5. Lear (Southfield) - $17B

6. Visteon Inc. (Van Buren) $17B

7. Pulte Homes (Southfield) - $14B

8. Whirlpool (Benton Harbor) - $14B

8. TRW Automotive (Livonia) - $12.6B

10. Masco Corp (Taylor) - $12.6B

11. Meijer (Walker) - $12.5B

12. United Auto Group (Bloomfield) - $10.2B

13. Kellogg (Battle Crek) - $10.2B

14. DTE Energy (Detroit) - $9B

15. Arvin Meritor (Troy) - $8.9B

16. Alticor (Ada) - $6.4B

17. Federal Mogul Corp. (Southfield) - $6.3B

18. CMS Energy (Jackson) - $6.3B

19. Kelly Services (Troy) - $5.3B

20. Guardian Industries (?) - $5B

18. Stryker Corp (Kalamazoo) - $4.9B

19. Borg Warner (Auburn Hills) - $4.3B

20. Borders (Ann Arbor) - $4B

21. Comerica Inc. (Detroit) - $3.7B

22. Gordon Foods (GR) - $3.6B

23. Tower Automotive (Troy) - $3.4B

24. American Axle (Detroit) - $3.3B

25. Steelcase (GR) - $2.9B

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(I preface this again, and GRDad, I apologize in advance for anything that comes of this, but this is simply a rumor that is attached to my original post):

My understanding is that the rumor I heard involves a mortgage or loan company as the major player. Which I guess could make sense, but I don't know who it would be if this is the case.

(I preface this again, and GRDad, I apologize in advance for anything that comes of this, but this is simply a rumor that is attached to my original post):

My understanding is that the rumor I heard involves a mortgage or loan company as the major player. Which I guess could make sense, but I don't know who it would be if this is the case.

Arbor Mortgage? I know they have a place on E. Beltline.

Heartwell Mortgage, I've read recently that they've been expanding.

These are just two local mortgage outfits that instantly come to mind.

Could you be confusing this with the Quicken Loans to downtown Detroit deal? I dont think GR has a mortgage company big enough to take anywhere near 45-60 stories.

I do not think that it would be a GR company, but I asked about Quickens and was told absolutely not.

That supprises me, because I know someone very well, with VERY strong ties to the "people in charge (read: David Hall)" there and was told that Quicken/Rock Financial is moving more and more into this market as it sees a lot of opportunities. That's why you keep hearing more and more radio adds from them here, when 12 months ago you didn't.

That supprises me, because I know someone very well, with VERY strong ties to the "people in charge (read: David Hall)" there and was told that Quicken/Rock Financial is moving more and more into this market as it sees a lot of opportunities. That's why you keep hearing more and more radio adds from them here, when 12 months ago you didn't.

Yup - i've heard this same thing from somebody who works there - they're wanting to expand into the West Michigan market...

Could you be confusing this with the Quicken Loans to downtown Detroit deal? I dont think GR has a mortgage company big enough to take anywhere near 45-60 stories.

45 - 60 stories?? Who threw out that number? I thought we were talking 20 stories or so.

edit: never mind, in the first post. :blush:

I also have to chime into the line of thought here. Everyone keeps thinking HQ. I don't think some of you are taking into consideration just a regional office or several regional offices. Bank or Mortgage Company X may be consolidating or expanding in the GR market. They may need 40,000 sf. Someone else may want 60,000. The rest built as spec space. Who knows. But not necessarily a complete up and move by a bank or mortgage company NECESSARILY.

Make sense?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if quicken expanded their GR presents, but think the chances of Quicken moving their HQ out of metro D are Zero. The thought of a new company moving here and building a tower is really freaking exciting :w00t:

/trying not to get my hopes up too high

45 - 60 stories?? Who threw out that number? I thought we were talking 20 stories or so.

edit: never mind, in the first post. :blush:

I also have to chime into the line of thought here. Everyone keeps thinking HQ. I don't think some of you are taking into consideration just a regional office or several regional offices. Bank or Mortgage Company X may be consolidating or expanding in the GR market. They may need 40,000 sf. Someone else may want 60,000. The rest built as spec space. Who knows. But not necessarily a complete up and move by a bank or mortgage company NECESSARILY.

Make sense?

I like this idea, a company who knows of another company who knows another get together, agree they need XX,000 sq. ft of space, and get a tower which you can put a big shiny sign on for the highest bidder.

• 2 weeks later...

A little birdie told me recently that Bridgewater II probably will not be the tallest for long...

That's one hell of a big birdie. Super, I did not realise you distributed crack. I am thinking that this business is worth getting into. So are you guys going to form your own dealership ring? Since I am a fellow UP member will I get a discount?

This shouold add to the weight of this conversation. That river property? Dutchland anyone?

:lol:

I'm sick of these little birdies...I'm ready for birdie press conferences! :)

:rofl: Classic mgreven. I've heard a lot of rumors going around about different things, but I'm still waiting for the real stuff to pan out as promised (VAI phase II, MSU, etc.) before I start counting new eggs.

:rofl: Classic mgreven. I've heard a lot of rumors going around about different things, but I'm still waiting for the real stuff to pan out as promised (VAI phase II, MSU, etc.) before I start counting new eggs.

Good call Jeff, where did the noise on VAI go? are they waiting for other movement on the hill to quiet a little before they get theres in motion? At the Corner of Michigan and Bostwick, there is Either construction, or planned construction on every single corner.

Good call Jeff, where did the noise on VAI go? are they waiting for other movement on the hill to quiet a little before they get theres in motion? At the Corner of Michigan and Bostwick, there is Either construction, or planned construction on every single corner.

I think their website now says ground-breaking in 07, and I'm guessing it has a lot to do with MSU's move. Of course, that's just me connecting imaginery timing "dots".

Does anyone think this rumor has connection with the river front property?

No, I think these guys are referring to another rumored project being bantered around. Jeez, can't anyone get a cell phone picture like the Charlotte forum guys can get, if it really is true??

Does anyone think this rumor has connection with the river front property?

It may have started in a shanty near the river...

Well there ain't nothin' to do

And there's always room for more

Fill it, light it, shut up

And close the door

Cuz we gonna lay around the shanty, mama

And put a good buzz on

It may have started in a shanty near the river...

Well there ain't nothin' to do

And there's always room for more

Fill it, light it, shut up

And close the door

Cuz we gonna lay around the shanty, mama

And put a good buzz on

No, no Civitas, you can't sing the Friday song on a Sunday.

Archived