New 44 Story Tower Rumor

Yankee Fan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Okay, since I started this whole rumor with the intent of qualifying whether or not this was a real possibility, I felt compelled to go back to the person that I heard it from to see what I could do to validate it.

I got to see a draft version of a building that was 44 stories that is definitely beyond an idea. There were just too many details included on what I saw for it not to be a real possibility of going forward. And no, I was not allowed to take pictures.

So, with that said, if someone on this board has more on this and is willing to come forward (maybe with the drawing that I saw; yes I am calling you out ;) like I said I would) I think everyone here would appreciate at least one of these dang rumors showing some traction.

There, I shall now go back in to :ph34r: mode.

Thank you for your time...

Okay, since I started this whole rumor with the intent of qualifying whether or not this was a real possibility, I felt compelled to go back to the person that I heard it from to see what I could do to validate it.

I got to see a draft version of a building that was 44 stories that is definitely beyond an idea. There were just too many details included on what I saw for it not to be a real possibility of going forward. And no, I was not allowed to take pictures.

So, with that said, if someone on this board has more on this and is willing to come forward (maybe with the drawing that I saw; yes I am calling you out ;) like I said I would) I think everyone here would appreciate at least one of these dang rumors showing some traction.

Oh, so its that old 44-story project. You should have said that earlier. We already know all about that one.

Granted this whole thread could be based on an Area 51-esque rumor. But I'd be really happy to see something like this sketchup file I did on 50 Munroe in magnatude and scope. This address screams to have something big built there.

A sleek "Grade A" ultra modern office building designed to house a corporate HQ of a company at least the size of Alticore.

post-11190-1158770050_thumb.jpg

Main Entry facing Louis and the new GRAM

post-11190-1158770188_thumb.jpg

At 550' tall. this building would dominate the skyline as the tallest in the city.

post-11190-1158770253_thumb.jpg

post-11190-1158770050_thumb.jpg

post-11190-1158770188_thumb.jpg

post-11190-1158770253_thumb.jpg

:lol: Are you talking about superNOVA? You sure you didn't stumble into Tom Dowling's place and get a look at RiverGrand?

I think it's been torn up and resurfaced since L@O was proposed. I think I remember them doing that while the courthouse was being built while I was in school still.

I remember soil borings being completed on L&O before they cancelled, plus, there was a large sign with a rendering on it staked in the ground. :)

I want to be an optimist, but that is a lot of building to fill.

I want to be an optimist, but that is a lot of building to fill.

I can't imagine anyone adding that much sq footage on spec alone in the currrent market. I imagine this plan will rise or not (pun intended :)) on some large tenants to fill that space. Hopefully its my work:)

I was afraid that some of you might think the macatawa thing, but it is definitely not that. By vacant I mean no more than a parking lot- no buildings to encorporate or tear down, not a signficant amount of cleanup needed (there is always some but not in this case).

But again, my "details" provided above are all that I have on this. And it is not a recycled rumor; doesn't mean that it won't pan out to be a new rumor. That is why I was hoping that there was someone in UP of actual knowledge that could, at the very least, confirm this so that it does not turn into another rumor. That is the only thing that could see that would validate this.

Anyone? Anyone? Fry? Fry? (sp?)

Are you talking about Stephen Fry of CDG?

Archived