orulz

Hillsborough Street - NCSU Area developments

780 posts in this topic

Putting aside my historic bias for a moment, the original thought one of y'all had to connect Park to Hope makes the most sense. You could get a nice proper urban intersection here with some apartment balconies overlooking a treelined sidewalk a block from two good commercial areas (CV and Hillsborough). Why the City won't just say FU and dictate this sort of stuff is beyond me. Developers should have essentially zero say so in how the street network manifests and yet they continue to have too much say so in how the dog wags its tail around here. 

11 hours ago, Jones_ said:

Developers should have essentially zero say so in how the street network manifests and yet they continue to have too much say so in how the dog wags its tail around here. 

An observation that's just as true on the frontier of the city's ETJ as it is ITB.

Some Updates:

• Construction started on 109 Park Ave Apartments (4 floors, 83 units).  
  • Construction started on the apartments replacing Velvet Cloak Inn
  • Players' Retreat area redevelopment back to the drawing board after development team falls apart.
  • Rezoning getting close to approval for 5-story apartment bldg at Hillsborough and Bagwell.  Sad to lose the house at 6 Bagwell Ave.

11 hours ago, Green_man said:
  • Rezoning getting close to approval for 5-story apartment bldg at Hillsborough and Bagwell.  Sad to lose the house at 6 Bagwell Ave.

Are you sure they're going to tear down the house on 6 Bagwell? The conditions say "No new vertical construction." That could mean one of two things. 1. they are going to tear it down and use it as a parking lot, or 2. they are going to keep the house.

FWIW this is the first I'd heard of that house being torn down. I suppose even if it is, the next two houses up Bagwell are exact copies of the 6 Bagwell. As an aside, Hillsborough St density is or will be creeping back to Clark in several places now....