16. Honolulu, HI

17. El Paso, TX

18. Memphis, TN

19. Fort Myers, FL

20. Baton Rouge, LA

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this cant be right.. ive been to alot of those places and baton rouge has to be in the top 5

I was a little surprised to see that Baton Rouge and New Orleans were both not in the top 10 but Shreveport was. There were a lot of variables, but I can't remember what they all were. Still, it's VERY humid in Shreveport but it's clearly MORE humid in Baton Rouge and New Orleans... and I know I don't have to tell you that humidity makes you drip with sweat.

This poll has some questionable rankings. More of a fun poll I guess.

I have a good friend from Jamaica who lived most of his life here in Baton Rouge. He is now living in Orlando and I told him about this poll. He said " no way, Orlando is not hotter/sweatier than BR". He was suprised Orlando was ranked higher. One day last week it was really hot and it reminded him of BR. Orlando is not as humid and is more breezy too.

I saw this on the national news last week and they didn't called them the "sweatiest" cities, but they did refer to the cities as the most uncomfortable to live in. And Phoenix did not make the cut...I've been in Phoenix in the summer and 110 degrees is NOTHING compared to 95 degrees in Miami (where I lived for 5 years). In fact, the top 3 cities were: 1. Miami, FL 2. Corpus Christi, TX 3. Orlando, FL (where I currently live). I've had the great fortune of living in 2 of the top 3 cities and Miami is definately more uncomfortable than Orlando, so just two positions away on the list, but a major difference. I can tell you that on the flip side Miami is an absolute paradise in the winter, where temperatures are somewhere in the low to mid-70s in the day.

I saw this on the national news last week and they didn't called them the "sweatiest" cities, but they did refer to the cities as the most uncomfortable to live in. And Phoenix did not make the cut...I've been in Phoenix in the summer and 110 degrees is NOTHING compared to 95 degrees in Miami (where I lived for 5 years). In fact, the top 3 cities were: 1. Miami, FL 2. Corpus Christi, TX 3. Orlando, FL (where I currently live). I've had the great fortune of living in 2 of the top 3 cities and Miami is definately more uncomfortable than Orlando, so just two positions away on the list, but a major difference. I can tell you that on the flip side Miami is an absolute paradise in the winter, where temperatures are somewhere in the low to mid-70s in the day.

Even referring to it as the "sweatiest cities" rather than the "most uncomfortable cities," Miami should still beat Phoenix because in Miami you're going to sweat much faster than in Phoenix. A hot, humid day will make you sweat long before a hot, dry day will.

Archived