If you put 2 cities together....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really sure. I've always described Vancouver to people who had no frame of reference as Seattle and San Francisco put together and cleaned up.

I think I would combine some car obsessed sprawlers with some dense more walkable, transit heavy cities. Maybe Phoenix and Chicago...something like that.

I wouldn't combine NYC or LA with anyone because they would just assimilate the interlopers. Maybe if we put them together, though.

What about Las Vegas and Miami? Then we'd finally have a true party capitol of the country in one convenient location.

BH, don't you mean Seattle's wealthy (who isn't a MSFT or STBK millionaire?) and Miami's scenery, or at least SouthBeach's. :lol:

I'm sorry, I meant to say weather! LOL, not sure where wealthy came from.

I love Miami's scenery a lot, but the land is incredably flat. Some mountains and a space needle would do the trick.

Ah you meant geographically, gotcha! Miami for all its sunny days isn't that great if the AC goes out, but true it is one of the golfing capitals of the U.S. Seattle and Miami have some similarities that I find striking, as well as being the two furthest metros in the U.S.

Ann Arbor and Madison, the supercharged college town. It'd be like a liberal mecca, where all ACLU card carrying members would be required to make a pilgramage to at least once in their life time.

Hartford and Providence, then build a subway there.

The two combined cities would become a Boston... Hartford's strong corporate presence and somewhat weak presence of educational institutions will be balanced by Providence, which is just the opposite.

What about a combination of Los Angeles and New York so the country can have its own monilithic cultural hub, the way London seems to be in England.

pardon me if i'm sinning by saying this, but isn't that what New York is?

Not quite. New York's got stuff like broadway, the Yankees, the fashion industry, Wall Street, but not everything. Washington has government, which most people don't pay attention to. The "regular people" in this country follow .... celebrity culture. That's dominated by LA.

I'd say New York houses a multitude of celebrities from both Television and Screen. You see just as many famous people in New York as you do LA.

But one can't discount LA It's definate a world culture city all it's own.

I would think of putting a city with a very large population in the city with a small metro population such as Louisville, Jacksonville, San Diego etc with another city but Vice-Versa such as Miami, Atlanta etc.

so here are some examples..

Louisville and Miami

Jacksonville and Atlanta

San Diego and Baltimore

Nashville and Memphis.

Memphis could use Nashville's growth and Nashville could use Memphis' infrastructure. Memphis could use some more business, and Nashville could use some more soul. I guess if the two cities had a child it would be Austin. I know, this poll's just for kicks.

Archived