Setting

Greens!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rus, summer here is like walking out my door into a swimming pool. You guys get that cool breeze off the bay and ocean. We get the bay and ocean in moisture.

When is the last time you have been here? It was 97 and almost 70% humidity here on the 4th and NO BREEZE! I've lived up there and the humidity can't touch ours.

When is the last time you have been here? It was 97 and almost 70% humidity here on the 4th and NO BREEZE! I've lived up there and the humidity can't touch ours.

Fellas y'all are arguing a moot point. It's like arguing which domestic compact is most luxurious. VA is nowhere near heat and humidity of the SC Lowcountry.

Humidity is humidity and it is channeled through the south and up here during the summer. Some places can have higher temperatures, but we all can have high humdity. The last time I was down there was two years ago, before summer though.

You can thank Mt Mitchell and the rest of the Blue Ridge for blocking all of that moisture in the winter. I always said I hate the winters in NC. I mean it gets cold very cold but it hardly ever snows down near 95. The only hope is the moisture coming up from the ocean but then it is too warm to produce snow. So all we get is freakin cold rain(very depressing). In Fayetteville there is no grid system either. I think al ot of southern cities paved their Indian trails which led to the winding major arterials. They are just now considering building on the Cape Fear river. I guess the river was a boundary because most of the Villes growth occured to the north and west. There are hills but not that many so that was not a factor. I wish the city center was closer to the river though. You have to take advantage of your location right.

In Fayetteville there is no grid system either. I think al ot of southern cities paved their Indian trails which led to the winding major arterials.

Fayetteville is king kong in paving indian trails to 5 lane boulevards.

They are just now considering building on the Cape Fear river.

Everything is maxed out towards Ft Bragg and the developments north and south of F-ville are becoming more and more distant communities, far away from the city limits (then theres gas prices too). You have no choice but to go east and northeast of town. Mark my words, the I-95/US 13 juncture in the near future will be something big in terms of retail/outlet malls, chain restaurants and all of that other good stuff. The future 295 connection that one day connects Bragg Blvd will accelerate all of that! What i used to remember US 13 at I-95 as a open rural area will be forever changed if i return to that area 7-12 years later.

:huh:

Explain

New York's geography is its reason for being there! Its key location along the Hudson River and its natural harbor gave it the ability to dominate shipping and trade and allowed it to become the most important city in the world. Its heart is on an island, Manhattan, which forced people to build up, and not out, in order to fit everyone on there. If Manhattan wasnt an island, the need for the Brooklyn Bridge may have never came about. The list can go on and on. If New York had been on a peninsula, it may have ended up resembling cities like Philadelphia and Boston.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Archived