Blue Cross Blue Shield to Invest $299 Million

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I took some constructions pictures of this massive project today. I had to sneak up to the top of the hill on foot. They've got everything blocked off otherwise. Folks, this thing is HUGE! This is the largest office construction project going on in Tennessee. Nearly 1 Million Square Feet. Five office building each 40,000 Sq FT floors, and a 3,500 space parking garage. This project is moving on full steam now. The first three pics show constuction of the enormous parking garage, the next seven show various construction shots on top of Cameron Hill. There's absolutely no way to capure the scale of this project in a single pic, but I hope you get the idea. Finally, the last pic shows the awesome view of downtown they will have perched up on Cameron Hill.

P7010322.jpg

P7010323.jpg

P7010334.jpg

P7010326.jpg

P7010327.jpg

P7010328.jpg

P7010329.jpg

P7010330.jpg

P7010331.jpg

P7010332.jpg

P7010325.jpg

Great to see pics of the BCBS site underway! That certianly is a giganitic work site!!

I also have to say what a great view thost offices will have! I think I could be quite content to have that as my office view every day. Not being from Chattanooga I was not quite sure how the view would be, but now with these pics I do, and it is great. The view and location has to be one of the best in the city without a doubt.

Thanks for the pics Hank! Good as always, and I look forward to future pics of this project and of Chattanooga from you.

Hank, this looks great. However the sneakin is suppose to be to me to do.

Thats a lot closer than I got the last time I was in Chattanooga. The church that was mentioned at the meet Saturday is the large red brick building in the last shot. I didnt think they would tear that down.

Hank, this looks great. However the sneakin is suppose to be to me to do.

Thats a lot closer than I got the last time I was in Chattanooga. The church that was mentioned at the meet Saturday is the large red brick building in the last shot. I didnt think they would tear that down.

I found out that it's a pretty good climb up that hill, but the view is worth it. I think all my future updates will have to be done on a Sunday as this one was. Otherwise, I just might be unable to get up there.

As for the Church, all the construction is higher up the hill, so it's in no jeapordy.

There used to be a path that started at the corner of 6th and Cameron. It went from behind the Cameron Hill Apts sign to the top... I used it all the time when I lived up there. You get used to it... and after a night of drinking it was better than the risk of a DUI.

So you used to live up in Cameron Hill apartments? What are your thoughts about their demise and BCBS going up there.? I would have preferred that housing stay up on the hill, and that BCBS built a high rise in the central downtown area.

BCBS should have built 1 or 2 towers, and the Golden Gateway (Old Red Food and Zayres) would have been perfect. The "affordable" housing will be missed, but I do think the apartments were not that architecturally appealing (ugly, but location was nice). I lived there from 1996-1998, units 4602 and 3105. I'd walk to the Bijou, Big River, Big Chill, Greyfriars and work.

• 7 months later...

Quite a bit of progress has been made on this huge project and here's some pics that I took of it today. Keep in mind, this is one of the largest construction projects in Tennessee with about 1,000,000 Sq Ft of office space in 5 buildings, a 3,500 space parking garage, and a $300,000,000 price tag.

P2161774.jpg

P2161776.jpg

P2161773.jpg

P2161778.jpg

P2161782.jpg

P2161792.jpg

I agree with you. It's unfortunate they wanted to move out to the suburbs rather than build a new state of the art center of downtown megastructure. On the otherhand, it's great that they will still be in the downtown area. I do look forward to when the construction is complete, and seeing the campus firsthand. Hopefully it will be better than I'm expecting. One things for certain. They'll have one damn nice view up there.

• 1 month later...

Archived