Grocery Store in Eastown

BostonianinGR

I was thinking something similar to that but closer to Heritage hill (where I live) I went to the Cherry hill market and was dissapointed. ...

There used to be a full grocery store on the south side of Cherry between Diamond and College (sorry I can't be more specific), but it didn't do very well and went out of business about 4 years ago.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love a grocery store in Heritage Hill....maybe knock down the eyesore at Cherry & State and put up a building in the old General Store style - just somewhere we could a decent selection of basics would be great.

Like this?

363%20State%20SE-2.jpg

Like this?

363%20State%20SE-2.jpg

Looks like something out of Assessing.

In 2003 when I was with Detroit, we embarked on a "clean out The Room" effort. (Too many staff sitting in makeshift workspaces in various nooks & crannies...hi Brendie!!) Part of this entailed going through many many file boxes filled with old records, special use permit applications, and such. We threw out huge containers of beautiful old photos such as this.

[and now I'm buying old postcards from antique dealers]

Archived