Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flith

New North Georgia Area Code

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how the new N. Georgia area code (762) and 10 digit dialing in N. Georgia will effect Chattanooga local calls?

I guess callers from Chattanooga will have to do 10 digit dialing for local N. Georgia calls, and N. Georgia calls to Chattanooga will have to be 10 digit also, even though in Chattanooga 10 digit will not have been implemented yet.

You are right. The area I live around Copperhill has local calling into Fannin Co Ga (McCaysville Ga) which is across the river from Copperhill TN. All calls into Ga will now require the 10 digit dialing because you are calling into the area where it is required. But just for the Georgia Area Codes. See where I live I have local calling into areas of Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia, but only the calls into the Georgia area will now require the 10 digit dialing... The one thing I'm not sure about is when someone in the Georgia calling zone calls the local area of tennessee... Will they have to use 10 digits to call into tennessee... I can find out real soon

Probably will. Its like that here on the northeast Tennessee / southwest Virginia border. In the city of Bristol (which is in both states as you know) you have to dial the area code just to call over the state line. It has been like this for a couple of years now. At first, it made many people very cross, but now they seem to live with it, but it is still irritating sometimes.

Enjoy!