2nd Annual Traverse City Film Festival July 31st - Aug 6th, 2006

BarGal

I was reading an article about this film festival that Michael Moore started last year, over 50,000 people attended in 2005. (You can find the article in the Hour Detroit July 2006 issue.)

This is great for Traverse City.

It sounds fantastic! I wished I lived closer to Traverse City, I'd love to attend.

This is the Official Traverse City Film Festival Page

Their web site says the film schedule won't be published until tomorrow. (June 23, 2006)

The Traverse City Film Festival will pay a special tribute to the films of Stanley Kubrick on the 50th anniversary of his first feature film. They will have 11 Kubrick films, including "Dr. Strangelove" and "A Clockwork Orange," plus "Spartacus," "2001: A Space Odyssey," "Lolita," "The Shining" and others, will be screened in what is believed to be the country's only complete retrospective of his films this year.

Attending the Kubrick tribute will be his producer and brother-in-law, Jan Harlan, and some stars of his films, Malcolm McDowell, "A Clockwork Orange" and Matthew Modine, "Full Metal Jacket", among others. In addition to appearing at the screenings, they will participate in a free panel. Harlan will also screen his documentary, "Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures."

Here's a list of Kubrick films that they will show:

Click on this

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year was awsome. Even if you don't agree with Michael Moore or his politics (I won't say either way), it was great. If you plan on being here for it, get tickets now. I wanted to go to about 8 movies, like I had the time, but was only able to get tickets to two. Also in the open space they play free movies on a giant blow up screen. Very cool. I hope that it only gets bigger every year.

My distaste for Moore has nothing to do with his political beliefs, it has to do with hyprocracy. I can't stand people who try to be something they're not, or pretend to be against "the man", and then take on the same traits as "the man". Why would I spend money to support something he is spearheading?

Archived