Sioux Falls

M. Brown

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I really appreciate seeing isolated cities in the Midwest developed despite their stereotypes and lack of attention. Well, apparently Fargo has been described by some as being "no doubt" known by everyone on the coasts, but I don't think Sioux Falls has quite that status.

However according to the map there's quite a lot of sprawl outside of the freeways - Sioux Falls better watch out.

That's the problem with most midwest cities...there's no natural barriers to stop the sprawl. I looked at my map, & it doesn't look like Souix Falls has sprawled that much outside of the freeways. It's certainly not like Detroit...we've sprawled out 50+ miles from the city center. If Souix Falls doesn't watch it sprawl could become a major problem, but it doesn't seem to be growing very fast, so it's safe for now.

Yeah, I guess it's growing faster than I thought it was. That is bad sprawl for a city of that size. Hopefully they try to implement a smart growth policy that allows for denser development, no cul de sacs, mixed use areas, and walkable neighborhoods. Unfortunately most of it will probably just be typical American sprawl. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived