New Urbanism in Lexington (Wikipedia entry)

seicer

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. Its folks like you who make wikipedia so useful and fun for the rest of us!

Its amazing how wikipedia is only slightly less accurate than most encyclopedia's, which really shows how vigilant and professional folks who create entries are.

Definitly some interesting information.

• 1 month later...

Definitly some interesting information.

I simplified the content down to Lexington's top three (my relative decision on that) due to a discussion regarding it on the Lexington, KY talk page. I think it is much more robust now and less "categorized," however, I would like to see a full listing here on UrbanPlanet. Not a full fledged city page, but a forum listing. I can post a basic list from what was on Wikipedia (its in the history, all there), and then people can contribute. Would that work?

I simplified the content down to Lexington's top three (my relative decision on that) due to a discussion regarding it on the Lexington, KY talk page. I think it is much more robust now and less "categorized," however, I would like to see a full listing here on UrbanPlanet. Not a full fledged city page, but a forum listing. I can post a basic list from what was on Wikipedia (its in the history, all there), and then people can contribute. Would that work?

I think that would be nice. I'm not sure exactly how you would have it laid out, but I wouldn't mind Lexington having it's own page and Louisville have a page etc. I know we don't have a lot of particpation yet, but it does seem to be picking up some. I like the way Tallahassee has there page and they have a lot of discussion and are not as big of a city as Lexington.

We do have pages for individual cities here on UrbanPlanet. This is an example of one for Charlotte. All it takes for us to create one would be for someone to stand up and support it. If we were to do that then I could see Lexington having its own forum here for the discussions. We could do the list through that and you could even create a development map for Lexington that would appear on the UrbanPlanet homepage.

We do have pages for individual cities here on UrbanPlanet. This is an example of one for Charlotte. All it takes for us to create one would be for someone to stand up and support it. If we were to do that then I could see Lexington having its own forum here for the discussions. We could do the list through that and you could even create a development map for Lexington that would appear on the UrbanPlanet homepage.

I wouldn't mind heading that up since I have considerable free time at work. When I looked at Charlotte, I didn't see a map but I must have missed it?

Archived