I've been sold to the Brits!

appatone

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck yeah, here's hoping :D . I guess the Wachovia banking benifits end now. That's really no problem for me as I never had Wachovia accounts to begin with. I don't trust the "big boys" even though I worked for 'em (apparently now on both sides of the pond). I doubt too much will change though but I know a lot of people thought that the money store acquisition was one of FU's biggest mistakes. So how does everyone feel about it being gone now.

I don't know where the HomEq is based, but it is ironic that Barclays had a big operation downtown as recently as 10 years ago (the BarclaysAmerican Building was stripped down to the concrete to rebuild 300 South Tryon Square where Dean & Deluca is now). It'd be nice if they used CLT as a regional US HQ again.

I do the English accent bit anyway just to make the day go by faster. :whistling:

One thing that is interesting though is that Barclays will have a significant # of employees in NC now although Homeq's HQ is technically in Sacramento. Barclays will also be expanding the business apparently so I'm surprised people aren't flipping about the potential for a Barclays tower :wacko: . We won't be leasing space from Wach so all of the offices will be moving to new locations. However I'm thinking the main office will be in Sac or Raleigh but you never know, Charlotte's reputation could lure them down from the Triangle. My call center in Boone is small and is just moving down the street.

Archived