K Wigs is gone!

gs3

I had heard a while back that a restaurant was coming to the K Wigs spot and walking by this morning, I noticed K Wigs is gone....paper covering the windows.

Does anyone else see this closure as significant / a milestone? (It quietly states many things about downtown Greenville).

K Wigs was basically the last of the retail from the "pre-gentrified" Main Street era. Such an oddity of a store on a Main Street that is now coffee shops, tea bars, restaurants, and yuppiefied retail shops. It was so out of place and so out of it's timeframe.

I have mixed emotions as K Wigs always got a chuckle from my out of town guest, especially when I told them the SAME cheesy mannequins in the SAME silver hats had been in the SAME window for YEARS and YEARS....untouched and unchanged. :)

R.I.P. K Wigs!

Anybody know what restaurant / retail is going into this spot?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived