New Tallest Tower for SC?

monsoon

As I mentioned earlier the rendering is not representative of the final height or number of floors.

In any case, some of those buildings are quite homely and one is all balconies. It's a matter of opinion of course what people look for in a building. I think Columbia would benefit greatly from a project such as this but I don't believe the downtown is large enough to take a project of the scale of the Blue Crystal Resort.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greenville should be getting its first ALL residential highrise soon! it's only 14 stories and 71(?) units, but considering that we don't have the tourism, i'd say that it's a pretty substantial project and comparable considering the cities' differences economically.

As I mentioned earlier the rendering is not representative of the final height or number of floors.

In any case, some of those buildings are quite homely and one is all balconies. It's a matter of opinion of course what people look for in a building. I think Columbia would benefit greatly from a project such as this but I don't believe the downtown is large enough to take a project of the scale of the Blue Crystal Resort.

Well Columbia has the land for it, but I don't think the urban fabric is ready to support a project of that scale, either. Most of Columbia's residential developments are at more of a human scale anyway.

Greenville should be getting its first ALL residential highrise soon! it's only 14 stories and 71(?) units, but considering that we don't have the tourism, i'd say that it's a pretty substantial project and comparable considering the cities' differences economically.

Actually, Greenville already has two all-residential towers that I can think of. Scott Towers and Towers East. Both are not huge, but stand pretty tall on the skyline. The addition of The Pinnacle on Main, The Camperdown, and the future phase III tower at RiverPlace - all of which include plenty of residential - I would say there is a great representation of better things to come in Greenville.

I would like to see a nice mixed-use tower around 30-stories, with hotel, retail, office, and condo space. I feel it may be just around the corner for Greenville, and have a hunch it could be supported in Columbia as well.

Actually, Greenville already has two all-residential towers that I can think of. Scott Towers and Towers East. Both are not huge, but stand pretty tall on the skyline. The addition of The Pinnacle on Main, The Camperdown, and the future phase III tower at RiverPlace - all of which include plenty of residential - I would say there is a great representation of better things to come in Greenville.

I would like to see a nice mixed-use tower around 30-stories, with hotel, retail, office, and condo space. I feel it may be just around the corner for Greenville, and have a hunch it could be supported in Columbia as well.

Yes those buildings are there. But are far from comparison to this project. I remember the Atlanta developer for this project saying that they saw Greenville as an up and coming place and very promising. They also said that it was the first all residential high rise, which is not the case, but for the type of residences, it is. :thumbsup:

I agree with Skyliner; I think mixed-use towers are in the cards for both Greenville and Columbia. It's also good that both cities are getting some attention from Atlanta as far as residential projects are concerned. Now if we could just get Novare to show some interest...

Archived