Should we persue a MLB expansion franchise?

PghUSA

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06173/700488-100.stm

"Pirates swept by worst team in baseball"

All I can think is that McClatchey and the Nuttings are painting up the For Sale Sign and counting how much $$ they will get from a sale of the team. Especially after the Nuttings bought Seven Springs.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I had not.

But rest assured, the word will spread about Pitt. Public opinion moves slowly in cases like this. But events like these are a good start -- a national (and international) televised audience; abundant aerial shots; mountains in the background; two beautiful rivers, and at their juncture a bunch of stately, shiny, tasteful skyscrapers on a peninsula between them; a lovely sunset gracing the scene; and tape-measure homeruns shooting out of the ballpark in an annual spectacle of brute strength.

It was good clean all-American fun, I tell you. :P

Of course, by the time the Homerun Derby was through, it was completely dark, but for quite a while at the beginning of the competition, it was still twilight, and (because of the orientation of the ballpark) the skyscrapers were in the background of just about every shot. The first couple of batters in the derby got off to slow starts, so for a little while I found myself much more interested in the scenery than I was in the derby itself. :thumbsup:

I know the rep Pittsburgh has, but to be honest that was established long before my time. Speaking for myself, all I know is that, these days, your city is as photogenic as they come and features a great blend of architecture old & new.

Archived